Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsCoin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Mount Rushmore DDR Varieties.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,087Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Hello There's Avatar
United States
1191 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2016  01:29 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Hello There to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I asked in an earlier post about a South Dakota quarter with a DDR on the nose. I have piled quarters that are DDR but I sit and stare at the wexlers website but they all look so similar to each or that I can't determine which ones I have. Can someone tell me how you determine the variety for the quarter?
Pillar of the Community
967 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2016  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add still lookin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I probably have a whole roll of them. I gave up trying to figure them out. None of the die markers ever match. I think that there are several that have not been submitted to Wexler. I basically don't even keep them any more unless they are BU. Still Lookin
Bedrock of the Community
coop's Avatar
United States
62064 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2016  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
See if this helps? I put them together on to one image. (enlarge if needed to see the differences by clicking on the image)
Mount-Rushmore-DDR-Varieties.
Pillar of the Community
Hello There's Avatar
United States
1191 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2016  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hello There to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1, 6, 8-11 all look the same.
Bedrock of the Community
coop's Avatar
United States
62064 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2016  3:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are slightly different.
10 is larger than 11.
9 is weaker than 10 and 11.

1 is larger than 6 in size of the spread.
Pillar of the Community
Hello There's Avatar
United States
1191 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2016  12:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hello There to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you highlight where the die chip is above the eye, I don't see it.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,087Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Forums