Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1960 D RPM Which One?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 696Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

967 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2017  3:49 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add still lookin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I have searched and could not find which RPM listing for the below coin. Anyone Know? Thanks. Still Lookin

1960-D-RPM--Which-One?
Pillar of the Community
United States
5196 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2017  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add uruman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it looks like rpm-050 to me, from Variety-Vista, but you have to look for markers to be sure
Bedrock of the Community
coop's Avatar
United States
62064 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2017  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To me I lean more to the 1960-D RPM-049:
http://www.varietyvista.com/02b%20L...0DRPM049.htm
The locations are close to each other, but the 49 extends further east in the center.
1960-D-RPM--Which-One?

1960-D RPM-050:
http://www.varietyvista.com/02b%20L...0DRPM050.htm
Edited by coop
08/07/2017 4:19 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5196 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2017  4:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add uruman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks coop, I was very close I haven't master your skills yet (maybe some day).
Bedrock of the Community
coop's Avatar
United States
62064 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2017  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I look first for position to match up with. If they are close, then I look at where the RPM falls. How they are different. Die wear affects the RPMs sometimes a lot. But the punching difference can remain the same. Location/direction/angle of punching. All factors for ID of a variety.
Pillar of the Community
967 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2017  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add still lookin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all. I am leaning toward the 049 but I can not match up any die markers. I will hold it until I find another that I can match up. Still Lookin
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 696Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Forums