Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

A Continuing Thread ~ Post Your Tokens, Medals, Exonumia Acquisitions

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5,980 / Views: 456,619Next Topic
Page: of 399
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10284 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2020  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I thought this was weird enough to grab and keep with my 1898 Trans-Mississippi and International Exposition
Lagoon Medal I posted on 12/30/2019 here:
http://goccf.com/t/301479&whichpage=169#3124038

This is the correct bezel for this medal and it seems to match in wear as well. It would have a Red, White & Blue ribbon.

An image I had found and saved almost a year ago shows another here.
A-Continuing-Thread-~-Post-Your-Tokens,-Medals,-Exonumia-Acquisitions

A-Continuing-Thread-~-Post-Your-Tokens,-Medals,-Exonumia-Acquisitions

A-Continuing-Thread-~-Post-Your-Tokens,-Medals,-Exonumia-Acquisitions
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
scopru's Avatar
United States
5029 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2020  06:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Collecting medals/awards that have the ribbon (military style) is a whole subset in and of itself that is very broad and interesting. Very nice add TNG.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10284 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2020  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've often gone quite loopy! There was a time where I wouldn't buy a looped or holed medal for a nickel. Historical value has changed my mind.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
scopru's Avatar
United States
5029 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2020  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Historical value has changed my mind.


Yes you can certainly find some extremely fascinating and historical pieces.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10284 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2020  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
scopru and all you guys, I really appreciate that.
Pillar of the Community
mikev50's Avatar
United States
2216 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2020  3:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikev50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1957 bronze nixon eisenhower medal
A-Continuing-Thread-~-Post-Your-Tokens,-Medals,-Exonumia-Acquisitions
A-Continuing-Thread-~-Post-Your-Tokens,-Medals,-Exonumia-Acquisitions
Edited by mikev50
11/15/2020 3:55 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
scopru's Avatar
United States
5029 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2020  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice addition mike
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10284 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2020  10:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The holder not the medal . . .
A-Continuing-Thread-~-Post-Your-Tokens,-Medals,-Exonumia-Acquisitions
Got this pretty neat Capital Plastics holder that I haven't seen before to house one of my duplicate 1960 Silver Pony Express Centennial so-called dollars.

A-Continuing-Thread-~-Post-Your-Tokens,-Medals,-Exonumia-Acquisitions

A 1954 Topps Scoop card I picked up to go with my medals.
I have this thing about matching up postcards, tickets and non-sports bubble gum cards when I can. That's a whole other pile by itself.
A-Continuing-Thread-~-Post-Your-Tokens,-Medals,-Exonumia-Acquisitions
Edited by TNG
11/15/2020 11:11 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
scopru's Avatar
United States
5029 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2020  07:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice holder and card TNG. A great way to build a themed collection!
CCF Master Historian of Commemorative Coins
Learn More...
commems's Avatar
United States
12558 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2020  08:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@TNG: Great Pony Express material! It's an area of interest for me as well, so I always enjoy seeing what others collect!

I'll try to get images of some of the PE medals in my collection and post them.

In the meantime, here's a link to a post I made over on the Stamp Forum about Pony Express covers that might be of interest.

Pony Express Centennial Covers and More


Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
CCF Master Historian of Commemorative Coins
Learn More...
commems's Avatar
United States
12558 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2020  08:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@mikey50: Nice Eisenhower inaugural medal. Thanks for sharing!

I've long believed that Hancock's portrait of Eisenhower on this medal was more flattering than Gasparro's on the dollar coin. (Sorry jbuck! )


Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10284 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2020  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went over to see your post on stamps forum! Thanks

I like IKE medal
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
195823 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10284 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2020  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm a bit concerned about 999fine. Haven't heard from him in quite sometime. Wrote but got no answer.
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
195823 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 5,980 / Views: 456,619Next Topic
Page: of 399

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.65 seconds to rattle this change. Forums