Just picked up this 1946-S IMM-001. So not to leave you guessing I paid less than five bucks for it including shipping so now you know.
Just putting it up here as an example as this variety is rather confusing to identify. It has a lot of die markers on it which, by the standard of errorvariety.com's listing put it at the start of LDS. At some point I will photograph all the markers and such and get them listed somewhere, but for now...
I would very much appreciate any guesses at what the coin would grade as I am no good at figuring that out on MS coins. Thanks!
Like the obverse, typical VLDS deteriorated strike, but the reverse kills it. Give the obverse a MS64RB but the reverse has so much damage pull that side down to MS60, Looking at an MS62RB, RB if pix accurate on color.
I agree with 62/63. Nice coin-tropical you matched the die markers it sure looks like a match and correct location I'm just trying figure out why the die flow lines dont matchup. Maybe its me its been a long day
Thanks for the help! I was thinking that 63 would be a send it in and 62 would just look nice in a 2x2 but haven't made any decision yet. It is obviously OMM-001 but for these it just might be better to get it certified either way. Checking what I could it seems like there are only 15 or so in MS that have been graded so not so common.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use