thanks for the welcoming! I've spent a few hours today learning and admiring the site. I'm pretty green when it comes to coins and history, but as a detectorist, I've found a new passion and hope to learn and share the knowledge I acquire. Thanks for having me!
Thanks again all. I figure maybe it was a local business and I'm now wondering if anybody has any ideas on how one would look for that kind of info. Some of the older nickels that I find have that same sort of patina. Maybe it's made of nickel/copper? I also wonder when these tokens were typically issued? When was ten cents a significant amount? Guess it depends on the product "dart wheels" offered. I love finding things I don't understand, makes the hobby so much more fun than hide and seek.
Riedell is an Oregon roller skate and wheel manufacturer (for skates and skateboards) and has been around since the 40s or 50s. One of their product lines includes the "Dart" skate design and "Dart" skate wheels. Might be worth looking into.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use