Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsCoin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1942 LWC With An Interesting Lamination

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,246Next Topic  
Rest in Peace
Tootallious's Avatar
United States
1559 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2018  02:06 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I found this one a few weeks ago and at first glance I thought it may be a die crack. But after further observation I've come to the conclusion that it's a lamination issue. And kind of a unique one. What are your thoughts?

1942-LWC-With-An-Interesting-Lamination
1942-LWC-With-An-Interesting-Lamination
1942-LWC-With-An-Interesting-Lamination
1942-LWC-With-An-Interesting-Lamination
Bedrock of the Community
spru's Avatar
United States
12477 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2018  02:18 am  Show Profile   Check spru's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know for sure on this one. The area around IN looks a lot like a Retained Cud. I am primarily referencing the offset seen where the two ends of the "crack" meet the rim.

I suppose that could also be the effect of a partially peeled lam, but yours doesn't seem to be peeling in any notable way.

In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020
In Memory of T-BOP 10-12-1949 to 1-19-2024
Rest in Peace
Tootallious's Avatar
United States
1559 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2018  02:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stephan, I spent some time looking on Cuds on coins and couldn't find anything even remotely close which is why I'm thinking lamination. I did find a thread posted her in 2016 that looks closer than anything that I've been able to find.
http://goccf.com/t/263207
Bedrock of the Community
Errers and Varietys's Avatar
United States
79330 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2018  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm thinking it's etheir a Lamination error or Struck Through Copper Foil Scrap.
Errers and Varietys.
Rest in Peace
Tootallious's Avatar
United States
1559 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2018  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting observation E&V! . I didn't think about a strike through.
Bedrock of the Community
Errers and Varietys's Avatar
United States
79330 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2018  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The reason why I said that is because Struck Through Copper Foil Scrap errors are very often and are easily confused with Lamination errors. Coop said that Lamination errors are in a fairly straight line.
Errers and Varietys.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,246Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to rattle this change. Forums