Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1957-D LWC, Die Crack From Chin To Date.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 928Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
751 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2019  8:48 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Panther to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I found this Cent in a roll of 57's my Mom gave me. At first I thought it was just the neck line. Then when I checked further I realized it's a die crack.
I was told UV light does not enhance an error, but in this case it really makes the crack stand out.
I've added another 1957-D to compare the neck line to.

Dan
1957-D-LWC,-Die-Crack-From-Chin-To-Date.
1957-D-LWC,-Die-Crack-From-Chin-To-Date.
1957-D-LWC,-Die-Crack-From-Chin-To-Date.
1957-D-LWC,-Die-Crack-From-Chin-To-Date.
1957-D-LWC,-Die-Crack-From-Chin-To-Date.
1957-D-LWC,-Die-Crack-From-Chin-To-Date.
Edited by Panther
01/14/2019 9:10 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Coinfrog's Avatar
United States
94367 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2019  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just circulation damage from what I can see.
Pillar of the Community
United States
751 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2019  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Panther to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The third photo shows the crack best. It is a raised line, not an indent.

Dan
Bedrock of the Community
coop's Avatar
United States
62064 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2019  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1957-D-LWC,-Die-Crack-From-Chin-To-Date.
1957-D-LWC,-Die-Crack-From-Chin-To-Date.
Nice find. I probably would have missed that, but the images shows me something can happen on that area.
Pillar of the Community
United States
751 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2019  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Panther to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank You Coop your opinion REALLY matters.
Like you said, at first I thought it was the neck line.
Dan
Bedrock of the Community
Errers and Varietys's Avatar
United States
79483 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2019  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's one cool Die Crack!
Errers and Varietys.
Bedrock of the Community
coop's Avatar
United States
62064 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2019  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Almost looks like a hair.
Bedrock of the Community
spru's Avatar
United States
12477 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2019  02:28 am  Show Profile   Check spru's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice catch, Dan! I don't recall seeing a die crack in that area before. However, '57-Ds are known for die wear such as cracks and chips/breaks. Neat find.
In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020
In Memory of T-BOP 10-12-1949 to 1-19-2024
Pillar of the Community
stoneman227's Avatar
United States
2376 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2019  04:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I always look at this area for bowtie die breaks. Not that they have a special listing section,I just like them. I definitely would have enjoyed finding this one. Darned good eye !
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 928Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Forums