Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Should I Keep Or Sell These Marks

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 1,088Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
ryurazu's Avatar
Australia
1333 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2019  7:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
They look okay aleast some of them, however I believe there do not contain any silver so I'm a bit 50-50 about keeping them.


Should-I-Keep-Or-Sell-These-Marks
Should-I-Keep-Or-Sell-These-Marks
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
tdziemia's Avatar
United States
8056 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2019  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why do you have them?

What are your collecting goals?

Without this information, it is difficult to render an opinion.

I don't collect 20th century Germany, so if someone gave these to me, I would already have them on ebay.

If I were only interested in silver, I would have known exactly what these were, and factored that in before I bought them.

But if I were growing my world coin collection, the answer would be very different.
Edited by tdziemia
03/27/2019 8:43 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1915 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2019  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Albert to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why not make a project out of it?
Take each piece and find out what is right or wrong, take photos, make notes and create something to learn from.
I bought an auction lot and did this with it:
Should-I-Keep-Or-Sell-These-Marks
Pillar of the Community
ryurazu's Avatar
Australia
1333 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2019  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tdziemia
Bought them from an auction, bought them for less then their face value if they where exchanged, but I live on the other side of the world. Not a active goal but passive one so I'm sort of tempt in keep them however also see the merits in a filp so that I can get a better coin. :)

What I really want to know is if something like this is hard to get or not on the market, I assuming they are even in the same or even better quality, maybe not for same price but they are readily available? Or am I wrong that they are actually quite hard to source but cheap to buy.
Edited by ryurazu
03/28/2019 01:28 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
tdziemia's Avatar
United States
8056 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2019  08:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Taking a quick look on U.S. ebay, there are recent sales and current "inventory" of the first few types I looked at, but not large numbers, as you say. A lot of what is selling are the proofs, rather than normal business strikes. That said, the prices are rather low (under $10).

At a minimum, you have a nice project on how various modern engravers have imagined that iconic German eagle.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 1,088Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Forums