Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsCoin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1966 50 Cent Piece Possible Strike Through Or PMD?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,403Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
1189 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2019  6:45 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JohnWayne007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Hey guys just been looking through some of my coins and I got this 1966 50 cent piece with what looks to be some sort of strike through? Not too sure but it is very random and I was hoping for some of your thoughts on this, I am still trying to determine if it is raised or not but having trouble with my lighting at the moment.
1966-50-Cent-Piece-Possible-Strike-Through-Or-PMD?
1966-50-Cent-Piece-Possible-Strike-Through-Or-PMD?
1966-50-Cent-Piece-Possible-Strike-Through-Or-PMD?
Finding and discovering modern Canadian doubled die varieties since 2018.

2023 Recent Publications:
Modern Canadian Doubled Die Varieties - First Edition
PDF & Paperback https://www.mcddv.ca - (New Site, Second Edition, Registry & Services coming fall 2026)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
5654 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2019  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is it incuse or raised?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1189 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2019  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnWayne007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it is incuse but I'm not 100% sure, I'm trying to figure it out right now.
1966-50-Cent-Piece-Possible-Strike-Through-Or-PMD?
Finding and discovering modern Canadian doubled die varieties since 2018.

2023 Recent Publications:
Modern Canadian Doubled Die Varieties - First Edition
PDF & Paperback https://www.mcddv.ca - (New Site, Second Edition, Registry & Services coming fall 2026)
Bedrock of the Community
Coinfrog's Avatar
United States
94367 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2019  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just draw your finger over it lightly - you will easily know if it's raised or incuse.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1189 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2019  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnWayne007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i tried lightly drawing my finger over it but I don't really feel anything I tried gently running a small wooden tooth pick across it to see if it would catch and it did but I still cant determine if its because it is raised or not. the shine from the coin into my microscope does not help much either.
Finding and discovering modern Canadian doubled die varieties since 2018.

2023 Recent Publications:
Modern Canadian Doubled Die Varieties - First Edition
PDF & Paperback https://www.mcddv.ca - (New Site, Second Edition, Registry & Services coming fall 2026)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1189 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2019  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnWayne007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I took a picture of the full coin just so you can see the area in question. I have came to the conclusion that it must be incuse so I am still curious to know if this is PMD or a strike through of some sort.

1966-50-Cent-Piece-Possible-Strike-Through-Or-PMD?
Finding and discovering modern Canadian doubled die varieties since 2018.

2023 Recent Publications:
Modern Canadian Doubled Die Varieties - First Edition
PDF & Paperback https://www.mcddv.ca - (New Site, Second Edition, Registry & Services coming fall 2026)
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,403Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Forums