Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Specializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsCoin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes.








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1958 100 Francs Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 2,421Next Topic  
Valued Member
SueCoin's Avatar
United Kingdom
126 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  10:36 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add SueCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Sue again.

This is probaby my first non US / UK I wanted to know about. I used it carefuly to test my dads weird instruments. I weighed it at 6 Grams and it was a really ancient looking German Brass measuring thing confirmed it's diameter.

1958-100-Francs-Coin 1958-100-Francs-Coin

Seems to be the only French coin he had so I wondered is it collectable?

Sue

I am improving picturing but with my eyeglass it has a 'R' inside an incomplete circle on the face side and the name "R COCHET" on the side with Wheat.

*** Edited by Staff to clarify topic title. Titles are important! ***
Pillar of the Community
mrwhatisit's Avatar
United States
3007 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Suecoin, yours is indeed a collectable French coin, and it only has the wing privy mark next to the date. It is a better coin, and the Krause catalog has it listed about 12.00 dollars. The R Cochet I believe is the coin designer initials.
Valued Member
SueCoin's Avatar
United Kingdom
126 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SueCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much mrwhatisit! I also got told off by the Moderator about my very poor quality Subject line so I followed his/her link and understand how to construct a Subject line :)

Sue
Valued Member
SueCoin's Avatar
United Kingdom
126 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SueCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi from The Sue.

I did have more French!

I found these and hopefully they go with the 100 Frank I already posted.
Hopefully mrwhatisit is prowling the Digiverse and can give an opinion.

Sue :)
1958-100-Francs-Coin
1958-100-Francs-Coin
1958-100-Francs-Coin
1958-100-Francs-Coin
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
tdziemia's Avatar
United States
8056 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1994 is well circulated and not worth much.

The 1952 coin I would say is collectible based on its age and condition. It is still a common coin, worth no more than a couple of pounds, but there is a market (I have sold some similar coins on ebay)
Pillar of the Community
mrwhatisit's Avatar
United States
3007 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with tdziemia your other 2 french coins, though I think they are nice coins in general.
Valued Member
SueCoin's Avatar
United Kingdom
126 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  1:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SueCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah I thought this was French because I didnt know the Frank was also Swiss.
Since you two are out of bed..
This is in beutifull condition.
Am sure I hit my 6 picture limit but..


1958-100-Francs-Coin
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
tdziemia's Avatar
United States
8056 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  10:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Again, it can be considered collectible because it is a 50 yr old coin in nice condition, but it is not very valuable. You can always check ebay for the value of modern coins like yours. FOr instance, here is a link to an ebay sale of the 1958 100 francs coin in well circulated condition. https://www.ebay.com/itm/France-100...363232815241
In my opinion, yours might get a price about 3X this due to the nice condition.

Unlike most other European coins from 1971, your Swiss 1/2 Franc can still be used on your next ski trip to Switzerland, since they are still on the Franc.
Edited by tdziemia
04/19/2021 10:51 am
Pillar of the Community
willieboyd2's Avatar
United States
529 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  2:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add willieboyd2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My grandparents lived in Chicago in the 1950's and my grandfather was a salesman for a French company.

In 1956 his company sent him and grandmother to Paris for a two-month tour of western Europe. They flew from the US to Paris and back to the US.

I was eight years old then and my grandmother gave me the French coins she brought back.

I was fascinated by the "foreign" coins.

One of them:

1958-100-Francs-Coin
France 100 francs 1956
Copper-nickel, 24 mm, 6.0 gm


https://www.brianrxm.com
The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
Coins in Movies
Coins on Television
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 2,421Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Forums