| Author |
Replies: 7 / Views: 1,005 |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3237 Posts |
I was just trying to make a post and needed to optimize a few images to get them under the 300kb requirement, and after saving three images I got a prompt from the website saying that I'd used up my free image saves for the day and I would have to pay to unlock more. Not sure if people are aware that this has changed, but I think the forum should link to a different optimizer that isn't a pay-to-use site.
|
|
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79477 Posts |
I wish we can go back to the old Image Optimizer that was free to use.
Errers and Varietys.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
5186 Posts |
Quote: I wish we can go back to the old Image Optimizer that was free to use. It actually still exists AFAIK; it's just not officially linked anywhere. Doesn't work in all browsers, though.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1803 Posts |
Ran across this a while back. You get 3 freebies a day, and it doesn't go away. Pretty sure it resets at midnight forum time. It is what it is.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
4680 Posts |
Yes, noticed this change as well. Solution for me: after saving 3 images just delete cache/cookies for that site and it's like starting all over again, allowing for 3 more. Slightly inconvenient, but not a big deal.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79477 Posts |
Quote: It actually still exists AFAIK; it's just not officially linked anywhere. Doesn't work in all browsers, though. Thank you so much! I bookmarked it, on my computer, so I can use it. It seems to work fine on Microsoft Edge.
Errers and Varietys.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
107844 Posts |
I just use the default image viewer on my PC - haven't use these optimizers in a few years now.
|
|
Forum Dad
 United States
24232 Posts |
I've provided 3rd party apps for a while, but honestly, there's really no need. There is so much free software out there it's ridiculous. Irfanview is what I use a lot. You can batch change any image files to webp which I really like, since they are smaller and hold the quality. It can be a little daunting, but once you learn the few things you need to do and the keyboard shortcuts it's really efficient. As far as phones, I'm never had a phone that didn't have built in image tools. Set your quality to medium, which is perfectly fine for the internet. They've all had cropping tools too. My old Motorola flip phone (Think NCIS phones way back) even had a 1MP camera with cropping built in. This is webp medium quality, over 1000px across 116KB ... 
|
| |
Replies: 7 / Views: 1,005 |
|