Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Probably A Stupid Question, But...

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,185Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
TheForce's Avatar
United States
4870 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2009  10:34 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I have a silver Kookaburra bullion coin. Will this fit in a 40mm silver eagle air-tite holder? Comparing the two, the Kookaburra looks thicker than the silver eagle. I guess what I am asking is will the air-tite close completely with the Kookaburra?
Pillar of the Community
cownas22's Avatar
United States
1055 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2009  10:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cownas22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is not a stupid question... I had this issue a couple months ago with Austrian philharmonic coins. They are a different diameter (37mm) and are thicker than ASE's. The Airtite will not close with those coins. I don't know if the Kookaburras are the same diameter or not.
Pillar of the Community
TheForce's Avatar
United States
4870 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2009  1:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had purchased the air-tites on ebay from Valley Coin and I had asked them before I made the purchase if the Kookaburra's would fit and they said they did...so I bought them. But looking at these I am just not sure.
Pillar of the Community
snowman's Avatar
United States
1841 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2009  2:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add snowman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I assume we are talking about the Dollar Kookaburra? According to Krause their diameter is 40mm vs 40.6mm for the ASE. I guess that means that they would have to be marginally thicker.
Pillar of the Community
TheForce's Avatar
United States
4870 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2009  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is the exact size of a ringed air-tite holder would I need?
Valued Member
United States
439 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2009  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TSOTL to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm pretty sure that air tite has a web site that explains about the different sizes they offer and what fits them. It's just a google away.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,185Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Forums