Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Funny Occurence On Ebay....

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 1,730Next Topic  
Rest in Peace
coinguybrian's Avatar
United States
5375 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2010  7:03 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coinguybrian to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
So I was selling a bunch of large cents for a friend, and one guy expressed the desire to return a damaged coin which I had advertised as such.

I asked him why, and he said "Brian, look at the back. These coins are for my kids..."

I laughed and told him I understood. Hint: Someone scratched out the E. Probably a coin prankster 70 years ago. I had never even noticed this myself. It's pretty obvious in hand now that I look....
Edited by coinguybrian
01/09/2010 7:05 pm
Pillar of the Community
Jays-Dad's Avatar
United States
790 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2010  7:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jays-Dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The only E I could make a joke with is to scratch out the E and cent and substitute a different letter. Is this the gag? If you scratch the E in States you get Stats, which isn't too bad as a joke I guess, but only to a stats nerd. My classmates and I used to make stats jokes in grad school. Only funny to us!!
Rest in Peace
coinguybrian's Avatar
United States
5375 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2010  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinguybrian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep its the E in cent, lol.
Edited by coinguybrian
01/09/2010 7:17 pm
Moderator
Learn More...
SsuperDdave's Avatar
United States
23522 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2010  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yep its the E in cent, lol.


....but it ain't about stats.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 1,730Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Forums