Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
300,000 items to help build your collection! Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsRoyal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Can. '55 Nss

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 1,865Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
fioti's Avatar
United States
4212 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2010  2:20 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add fioti to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I was putting pieces on the 'bay, when I came across a 2x2 labled "CANADA 1955 W/O STRAP". Problem is I've been trying to get a decent pic. The specs seem right, but I need an image of a real one. My eyes are about shot, and don't want to look the fool if I've got a dud. Thanks

Moved to Canadian Variety forum - Sap
Valued Member
gawd0wns's Avatar
Canada
464 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2010  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gawd0wns to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What denomination is it? Easiest way to do determine if it is a NSF cent, is to look at the "I" in DEI on the obverse. If it points between denticles, it is the NSF variety. If it points directly to a denticle, it is the SF variety.

Good luck, lets us know how it turns out!

Edit: This post has a picture what I was describing above, for a cent:
https://goccf.com/t/51403
Edited by gawd0wns
01/25/2010 7:30 pm
Pillar of the Community
malissadawn's Avatar
Canada
1931 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2010  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add malissadawn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are the pictures from charlton I use for identification. :)

Can.-'55-Nss

Can.-'55-Nss

Can.-'55-Nss
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 1,865Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to rattle this change. Forums