Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Specializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsCoin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Anyone Use David Lawrence?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,861Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
USArmyParatrooper's Avatar
United States
1283 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2010  12:59 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add USArmyParatrooper to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
There's a coin I want to bid on being auctioned by David Lawrence.

I've only ever bid on ebay. I want to know if there's anything I should know when dealing with DL.

Everything seems to be cut and dry. As per their website they accept PayPal and I must pay my bid price x 1.15 (BP) plus $10 for shipping.

Is that pretty much it or is there more I should know?
Moderator
Learn More...
SsuperDdave's Avatar
United States
23522 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2010  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've bought from them. No drama, no surprises, no problems whatsoever.
Pillar of the Community
USArmyParatrooper's Avatar
United States
1283 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2010  1:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USArmyParatrooper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Dave. I actually just got on the phone with them. It was quick to get through and the gentleman on the telephone was extremely polite and professional. I'd love to give them a try.

Any insight on their hammer price trends? In other words do you usually have to pay top-dollar to win an auction? The one I'm interested in is bid almost to my max with 7 hours to go.
Bedrock of the Community
Bryan1315's Avatar
United States
14454 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2010  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have bought quite a few things from them as well and have never had any problems. I have also traded coins with them once also and didn't have any problems that way either
Pillar of the Community
USArmyParatrooper's Avatar
United States
1283 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2010  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USArmyParatrooper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I do have one complaint. The coin I wish to bid on is bid up to $1900. The next increment is $2000, which means we're now bidding in $100 increments. That's quite a jump.
Bedrock of the Community
Bryan1315's Avatar
United States
14454 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2010  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
oh yeah the auction thing on there is crazy. I do like how if someone bids within the last few minutes it gives the auction 5 more minutes. Stops all of the sniping
Pillar of the Community
USArmyParatrooper's Avatar
United States
1283 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2010  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USArmyParatrooper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bet the crazy $100 bid increments also stops the sniping. I'm still on the fence about paying $2300 for the coin I'm looking at and that's the next minimum bid. If one more person bids that totally shuts the door on me because I then would have to pay $2415.

In fact, I'm confident if I bid right now nobody else will.
Bedrock of the Community
biokemist6's Avatar
United States
12437 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2010  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Heritage also utilizes $100 increments between $1000 and $2000
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,861Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Forums