Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Recent Purchase On Ebay: 1916 SLQ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 4,118Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
w1a9c8k5's Avatar
United States
1348 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2011  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add w1a9c8k5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Never know maybe you could be the lucky few
Pillar of the Community
Moe145's Avatar
United States
8904 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2011  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Moe145 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think so too.



And now: I know so!



(Apparently I have a VERY active imagination!!)



Here's the Coin in Question:



Recent-Purchase-On-Ebay:-1916-SLQ? Recent-Purchase-On-Ebay:-1916-SLQ?



Oh, well! That's what you get when you gamble on fuzzy pictures!
I am much smarter now on all the 1916 SLQ diagnostics!!
Rest in Peace
johnny54321's Avatar
United States
4849 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2011  5:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnny54321 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow. All this time I was focusing on the die characteristics, and didn't even look for a mintmark..lol. Now looking back, I can see it there.

At least it's still definitely worth more than melt. I will tell you Moe, the low end 16s CAN be identified even with fuzzy pictures like those ebay shots, you just have to make sure everything adds up. The 3 I found I searched hundreds of lots from ebay pics with the same amount of detail as this one. Keep lookin!
Pillar of the Community
Moe145's Avatar
United States
8904 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2011  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Moe145 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
you just have to make sure everything adds up.


True, true.

I had been looking at the robe fold and the lack of rivets but the bulkhead detail is also a big determiner.

Thank you to all who hoped the best for me and also to the right-on 1916 "Instructors"!

The quest continues!!!
  Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 4,118Next Topic
Page: of 2

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Forums