Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Url Changes To Ebay.com

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 0 / Views: 1,012Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Ugly's Avatar
Canada
1733 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2011  08:47 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ugly to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I notice that anytime we post an ebay URL to the local ebay (dot ca) it is altered to dot com. Why is that? As a canuck buyer I am logged into dot ca because the items I see are filtered for my locale with the DIFFERENT trading rules that apply to my area.

If someone post a link to the dot com site, that's great, we can still click on it and see the item, the same applies the other way around.

I'm curious more than anything, I mean I'd prefer that items listed on the dot ca be left that way but I just wanted to understand why.

It's easier to ask here than think about it for another year. My curiousity got the best of me. Thank you.
  Previous TopicReplies: 0 / Views: 1,012Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to rattle this change. Forums