Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsRoyal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Auctionzip.com Bid History Question

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 2,223Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
RPT's Avatar
United States
944 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2011  2:20 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add RPT to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Can someone explain what's going on with auctionzip.com bid history?

This is what is happening.

I place an absentee bid for 10 silver halves at $96. I don't really expect to win but if I did with an 18% buyers premium, 3% auction zip fee, and shipping it would still probably be slightly under melt.

So I bid $96 before the live auction starts.

I see my absentee bid accepted at $46 during the live auction.

Then I see several other bids, a floor bidder accepted at $125.

Then I see me bidding again, even though I didn't, at $130 with a status of "Not submitted:bid limit". This is really what I'm questioning.

Then finally a floor bidder winning at $135.

Anybody explain what's going on here? See below. I've remove the date/time stamps so it wouldn't wrap.

Bidder........Bid.Type.Amount.Status
Floor Bidder...............$135.Winner
Floor Bidder...............$130.Accepted
me............Absentee...$130.Not submitted: bid limit
Floor Bidder...............$125.Accepted
q----s.........Absentee....$48.Not submitted: bid limit
k----s.........Absentee....$48.Not submitted: bid limit
me............Absentee....$46.Accepted
Edited by RPT
08/06/2011 6:24 pm
Moderator
Learn More...
SsuperDdave's Avatar
United States
23522 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2011  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's kinky. Reach out to Auctionzip to get their take. The owner is willing to get involved - he's actually posted here at CCF - and I believe you'll get a real reply from a real human.
  Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 2,223Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Forums