| Author |
Replies: 10 / Views: 1,005 |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1536 Posts |
It is hard to make out the letters in the motto of this Two Cent coin. Can anyone tell if this is small or large motto. I think it is large motto.  Edited by buddy16cat 03/25/2013 9:48 pm
|
|
|
|
Valued Member
United States
292 Posts |
 I've wondered the same thing with mine. I've "managed" the picture to get the best motto that I could.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3453 Posts |
They are both large motto. Look at the leaves on the upper left, the 4th one is very small.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3453 Posts |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
917 Posts |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3453 Posts |
That is a good site, coindog  The diagnostic that stuck out for me is the upper left leaf. I have circled the differences? In the large motto, the top leaf is smaller.  In the small motto, the top leaf is larger. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3234 Posts |
CoinsKelly, I never knew that about the leaf size! That's great to know, thanks!
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37206 Posts |
The leaf size is a great clue on coins with the motto worn smooth, thanks for posting CoinsKelly!
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
1536 Posts |
I was thinking that someone would know another way of telling a large motto versus a small motto using something else besides that motto. I see Kelly knew a way.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17884 Posts |
I've mentioned using that leaf several times.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3453 Posts |
Thanks everyone - I remember reading about the leaves from one of Conder's posts and have used that for well worn ones ever since.  .
Edited by CoinsKelly 03/27/2013 10:08 am
|
| |
Replies: 10 / Views: 1,005 |
|