| Author |
Replies: 13,345 / Views: 1,081,489 |
|
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79555 Posts |
Quote: First 10 dollars yielded 6 pre 1960's including a 1952S which I needed so I consider that a win, also a 41, 56D, 57D, 58D and 59D... oh and a pesky 2024P which I needed
As to errors and varieties.... maybe the obvious ones. They have to jump out waving at me to see it. People post pictures with an arrow pointing at it and I can't make it out most of the time. Hopefully I will get better with practice. Nice finds.   If you find anything that you think is an error or a variety, you can always post it in the modern Variety and Error forum. I'll do my best to give an accurate answer. The obvious errors and varieties are the ones I like best. With enough practice, you'll be able to spot all sorts of varieties and errors. Patience and time is the key of learning.
Errers and Varietys.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
870 Posts |
Picked up four boxes to hunt on Friday. Opened the first box to see this - always a good sign! 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196465 Posts |
Quote: Picked up four boxes to hunt on Friday. Opened the first box to see this - always a good sign! Fantastic! 
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79555 Posts |
Nice find, Silver Eagle!  
Errers and Varietys.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
870 Posts |
Got a Buffalo ender a few days ago 
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79555 Posts |
Nice find, Silver Eagle!  
Errers and Varietys.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1278 Posts |
I wonder how the common cents act will affect nickel hunting. I think nickels are typically considered pretty boring to most people but I wonder if a composition switch will renew interest?
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196465 Posts |
Excellent! 
|
|
Valued Member
United States
188 Posts |
The "Zinckels", like the Zincolns before them, will coexist with the more traditional composition for awhile and shouldn't affect hunting too much. I still found the occasional Indian or 1909 coin in 2000s, and for years to come, Buffalo and War Nickels should still surface. I'm afraid though that this stopgap period between composition change and retirement may not last as long the way things are going, but hopefully I'm wrong.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196465 Posts |
You may be right about all of it. 
|
| |
Replies: 13,345 / Views: 1,081,489 |