Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsRoyal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Many New Coins From Cook Isl

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,393Next Topic  
Valued Member
spica's Avatar
France
285 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2007  08:19 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add spica to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
There are many unusual new commemorative coins from Cook Isl this year ! I love them

I wrote an article about them on my blog.

http://monnaies-commemoratives-mode...2873340.html

I hope you will appreciate.
Valued Member
Joeyuk's Avatar
United States
383 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2007  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joeyuk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are very nice. Thanks for sharing.
My only Cook Island coins are the R
rated fertility god coins.
Joe
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3841 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2007  10:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting. I can't remember it off the top of my head but I think they are made in Australia and New Zealand although I am not very sure.
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries
My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm
Regularly updated at least once a month.
Bedrock of the Community
Bryan1315's Avatar
United States
14454 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2007  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a wee-wee coin also (for lack of a better word that is family oriented) just because when I first started collecting I thought these things were the weirdest things I have ever seen on a coin (this was way before the Presidential dollars )
Valued Member
spica's Avatar
France
285 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2007  09:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add spica to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know which mint made these coins (not Perth Mint, not New Zealand mint either). I would like to know it. Does anyone know ?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3841 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2007  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
spica, didn't the coins come in a box or some sort? I know for some of the Perth Mint products of Cook Islands, they usually come in a box like this:

http://www.perthmint.com.au/catalog...-pumper.aspx
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries
My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm
Regularly updated at least once a month.
Pillar of the Community
EgCollector's Avatar
Egypt
3470 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2007  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EgCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, I like those with the Giza Pyramids
Thanks for sharing
Valued Member
spica's Avatar
France
285 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2007  07:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add spica to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
gxseries, for pope serie I don't think they comes in box (I bought two of 2005 serie, they comes without box) but for monuments serie I don't know.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,393Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.63 seconds to rattle this change. Forums