There's a circulated specimen of this coin freshly listed at ebay in the UK .. for about 27 dollars del'd. Its got a little different die alignment, and shoes more of the motto under the chin.
Very nice diagram of the Rev and how it is related to the Obv. Thank you.
I recently posted pictures of my 1913 Type 2 with a similar mint error (mistakenly calling it strike through instead of die clash, but we are all here to learn.)
That's actually an early place for clashing to appear on a Buff, and sort of unique in that the usual "first" clash goes straight through reverse lettering. Something I've always liked about Buffs. My admittedly-anecdotal data says Buffs didn't clash as much as some other issues did (Morgans, I'm looking at you), but they're still fairly common.
I've seen a number of the chin clashes and date doubling on 1914's over the years. The 1913's can be readily found with clash marks, too. As for the doubling effect, I've seen that on the profiles for 1913's.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use