Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Specializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsRoyal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Draped Bust Overton Question

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 1,385Next Topic  
Valued Member
hoosiergator's Avatar
204 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2015  8:26 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add hoosiergator to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
This is something rattling in my brain that is bothering me. I was thinking is there not an Overton in I want to say 1836 that the coin has a distinct 'oval' shape to it?

Pillar of the Community
MeadowviewCollector's Avatar
United States
4409 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2015  1:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MeadowviewCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think you mean Capped Bust half instead of Draped Bust.

Could you be talking about the 1830 with the small, medium and large 0 in the date?

-MV



Valued Member
hoosiergator's Avatar
204 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2015  6:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hoosiergator to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Goodness. I am. Yes.

No I might be crazy but I swear that there is Overton where the coin itself is more of a 'oval' shape. I mean the actual coin.
Pillar of the Community
TypeCoin971793's Avatar
United States
6370 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2015  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TypeCoin971793 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WHAT?!?!?

I don't think that there is any die variety on any series that would cause a coin to become misshapen like that. I could be wrong, but I highly doubt it.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 1,385Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to rattle this change. Forums