Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Started My Mini Treasure Chest Today

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 208 / Views: 25,150Next Topic
Page: of 14
Pillar of the Community
Slamnbass's Avatar
United States
3644 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2016  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slamnbass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine definitely doesn't look as cool as yours on the inside-I was basically using it for storage and overflow for now and slabs that wouldn't fit in my slab boxes but I definitely like the inside of yours way better lol.i can't remember where I got this one either...

Started-My-Mini-Treasure-Chest-Today

Started-My-Mini-Treasure-Chest-Today
Pillar of the Community
Slamnbass's Avatar
United States
3644 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2016  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slamnbass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also-I hope you were asking folks to post pics here if they had similar boxes? I wasn't trying to hijack any thread
Bedrock of the Community
GR58's Avatar
United States
11951 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2016  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Slamnbass
No problem ... Thanks for posting.

And nice chest

I really like seeing what other collectors are doing ...

Gives me ideas
Pillar of the Community
muddler's Avatar
United States
7315 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2016  10:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Arge me matie ye have some fine booty there.
Bedrock of the Community
GR58's Avatar
United States
11951 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2016  9:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This box is really starting to be fun.

Today added about 7oz of foreign silver coins.

I can see it wont be long before I need a bigger box.
Pillar of the Community
Slamnbass's Avatar
United States
3644 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2016  03:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slamnbass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gr58 are you keeping it all silver? Cant wait to hear the final weight minus the weight of the box of course-if you have a way of weighing it without having to count all the coins and do all that adding
Edited by Slamnbass
03/23/2016 03:39 am
Bedrock of the Community
GR58's Avatar
United States
11951 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2016  07:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I am keeping it all foreign silver. I wasn't sure if I was going
to keep it all Canadian and Mexico, but I started putting all foreign
silver.

I will be curious on the weight too. I should be able to weigh it
at work.
Valued Member
United States
265 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2016  08:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Brushy Bandit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent idea. I'm in the material buying stage of crafting a treasure chest for my son. I will post pics when it's complete.
Pillar of the Community
eaglefoot's Avatar
United States
6326 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2016  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eaglefoot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
GoldRush....
Will you ACTUALLY really bury this thing ?
As your end-goal ? (or a re-designed larger one)
I was agreeing how cool this is, but personally I don't think I could EVER actually bury one with a map, etc.....
I would lay awake nights worrying about someone discovering it, or wanting to add to it constantly, or just moisture, etc., etc...
I think it would stress me out !
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196100 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2016  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I can see it wont be long before I need a bigger box.
Nice.
Bedrock of the Community
GR58's Avatar
United States
11951 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2016  1:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Brushy Bandit
I look forward to seeing your design, I have one in mind,
but I always curious what others might come up with.
Bedrock of the Community
GR58's Avatar
United States
11951 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2016  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Will you ACTUALLY really bury this thing ?


For me life is about moments. Moments that bring good memories.

Yes I can see me hiding it ...most likely in the ground.

I think it could give my grandkids some good memories,
long after I am gone.
Bedrock of the Community
GR58's Avatar
United States
11951 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2016  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Might as well post some update pictures.
Yesterdays addition.

Started-My-Mini-Treasure-Chest-Today

Todays additions

Started-My-Mini-Treasure-Chest-Today

And the box


Started-My-Mini-Treasure-Chest-Today
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196100 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2016  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice mix.


Quote:
I think it could give my grandkids some good memories, long after I am gone.
Agreed.
Pillar of the Community
Slamnbass's Avatar
United States
3644 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2016  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slamnbass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its a very very cool idea I love it-leave the map in the will for the executor to hand out to whom you choose to have it
  Previous TopicReplies: 208 / Views: 25,150Next Topic
Page: of 14

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Forums