Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsRoyal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Can The Chain Cent Be George Washington ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 50 / Views: 5,882Next Topic
Page: of 4
Bedrock of the Community
paralyse's Avatar
United States
12057 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2016  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I remember from my (20 years ago) government classes, there was a faction of the early politicians who believed that the US government should not be involved in centralized banking systems or national banks; they were also opposed to the federal government minting coins and its production of paper currency. But that was 20+ years ago, so perhaps I'm confusing it with something else.

Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC - CCT #890

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Valued Member
United States
297 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2016  12:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 732amran to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Boy do I have the picture to prove I'm correct--- this will be a Historic New news -- wow- Soon I'll post a picture that will blow your historians minds--- Wow stay tuned !
Formerly coinlover1899
Learn More...
IGWTCoins's Avatar
United States
3058 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2016  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Check IGWTCoins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add IGWTCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I am anxious to see this picture!
www.InGodWeTrustCoins.com
Edited by IGWTCoins
05/02/2016 6:47 pm
Formerly coinlover1899
Learn More...
IGWTCoins's Avatar
United States
3058 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2016  11:34 am  Show Profile   Check IGWTCoins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add IGWTCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...
www.InGodWeTrustCoins.com
Pillar of the Community
Moe145's Avatar
United States
8904 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2016  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Moe145 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
thedollarman's Avatar
Canada
4912 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2016  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Check thedollarman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Feel free to call me Will.
Pillar of the Community
ExoGuy's Avatar
United States
4433 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2016  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ExoGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply



I still see a strong resemblance between our chain cent gal and Twisted Sister ...
Pillar of the Community
CoinCollector2012's Avatar
United States
8137 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2016  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Can-The-Chain-Cent-Be-George-Washington-?
Formerly coinlover1899
Learn More...
IGWTCoins's Avatar
United States
3058 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2016  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Check IGWTCoins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add IGWTCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
LOL
my popcorn is getting low!

www.InGodWeTrustCoins.com
Pillar of the Community
thedollarman's Avatar
Canada
4912 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2016  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Check thedollarman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can-The-Chain-Cent-Be-George-Washington-?
Feel free to call me Will.
Valued Member
United States
297 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2016  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 732amran to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Very soon I'll post ( promise) and u WILL be freaken amazed and will ask your selves--- why "why" "WHY" have ivnot seen this all along . I have a weird technical issue that I can't upload the picture but I will don't worry maby at my local library. Too upload a picture hear it must be a reduced size - and my Android is not helpful. David Bowers would find this very interesting once I do upload this breaking story of the George Washington chain Cent 1793***
Pillar of the Community
United States
1677 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2016  05:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lcutler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't imagine what the pictures may be, I have certainly seen chain cents, I even own a S-2. I also believe I have seen pictures of every George Washington painting. Other than the two figures having human features I see no resemblance.
Pillar of the Community
TypeCoin971793's Avatar
United States
6370 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2016  07:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TypeCoin971793 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is starting to sound like a tabloid article...
Valued Member
United States
297 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2016  08:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 732amran to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sorry but I'm kinda frustrated that I can't yet put up a photo-yet . I'll cross my toes for Mondays library and just maby I could------send the picture . And I got some New coins that I'm excited to show u all--- well that is until I get a way to upload some pictures ayayay ! Typcoin --- can u kindly upload your Sheldon 2? I'm very interested to see that one and I'm sure many others as well. Thank u
Pillar of the Community
Sweden
729 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2016  08:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add epikur to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you have it on your phone, I assume since you wrote you are using an android device - just email one of us and we can post it. I can PM you my email if you want to.
  Previous TopicReplies: 50 / Views: 5,882Next Topic
Page: of 4

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Forums