When I open up Canon EOS Utility 3, there is a button near the bottom that says "Other Functions".
I click on that, and select "Quick Preview". A window pops up that is all gray, no picture shows.
What is the purpose of Quick Preview? Does Live View need to be running when selecting this for something to show? If so, I'm still getting nothing even with Live view running.
The Quick Preview window will be gray until you take a picture. The "Live View Shoot ... " is probably what you want for a real time view through the lens. Quick Preview is much like the Windows Photo Viewer only even simpler, it only allows viewing, not any editing. It is only helpful as a quick way to tell if you got the shot you wanted. I have 3 screens so I have the Quick Preview on the left, the EOS Utility, Live View, & Digital Photo Professional on center screen and my favorite image editor (for cropping & sizing) on the right screen. That way, if I like what I see in Quick Preview, I can drag and drop from DPP to my editor.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use