Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Does Any One Have A Perfect 70 Note?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 1,971Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
ckrakowski's Avatar
987 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  8:47 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I am use to seeing notes graded from 60-69 but I have not seen a perfect 70 graded note. If you have one please post it. I just want to know they do exist.
Valued Member
American Abroad's Avatar
Germany
57 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2017  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add American Abroad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was wondering the same thing. I work at a currency exchange business. I get them straight sometimes from the BEP brick. I open the bricks carefully. Yes, the bricks were transported from the US to Germany, to a money delivery company, and then by guard to us. But when they are in the package and I can see the package is in mint shape, then the note should also be 70? Right? I haven't had them graded, but I am curious.
Pillar of the Community
WheatBack's Avatar
United States
2859 Posts
Pillar of the Community
ckrakowski's Avatar
987 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2017  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Wheat it is good to know they do exist.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
CelticKnot's Avatar
United States
12921 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2017  11:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The follow-up question is... who can afford them? I'll let you know after the next PowerBall drawing.
Pillar of the Community
Broken-Coin's Avatar
United States
1812 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2017  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broken-Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since my laptop died and my tablet refuses to let me post photos, I just searched google and found the 1st PMG grade 70 note..

https://www.pmgnotes.com/news/artic...culated-EPQ/
Pillar of the Community
SteveInTampa's Avatar
United States
4637 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2017  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I remember the article, and if I remember correctly, the note was submitted by Eddie and Angie of Unlimited Currency.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
CelticKnot's Avatar
United States
12921 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2017  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing that those old silver certificates are the ones to get 70's. Pretty cool.
Pillar of the Community
GregAlex's Avatar
United States
840 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2017  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
But when they are in the package and I can see the package is in mint shape, then the note should also be 70? Right?


Nope. Just because a note is in perfect condition doesn't make it a perfect note. Centering is another key element. If the margins on both sides aren't precisely equal it's not going to get a 70. And there's minor things like perfect placement of the serial numbers and Treasury seal.
Edited by GregAlex
02/21/2017 5:18 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 1,971Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.26 seconds to rattle this change. Forums