I would see it not so much as a variety of one or the other but as a distinct obverses because the text is positioned differently and with a new effigy on the one on the right having the RCM logo going by the images.
Andre, unless you have two of the sets in your collection, that can't be the same. Note the duo-date is ON TOP and the RCM logo MM is on the bottom., while the duo-date on the other is on the bottom, and the ML is top, center. Not the same "coin". Maybe I should say "variety". An after thought: I would say the one on the left, ML on top" is zinc, and the RCM logo is steel. Dick
nds76, I responded to your email. I was able to get the CCN delivered, now If I can make contact so as to get the PL, and/or Proof sets delivered. I contacted the mint, (or tried), and had very little success. They want me to open an account, ans use a Canadian VISA card. I have VISA, but not Canadian. Any suggestions? Dick
Looking at the two coins, I would say not a variety, but two coin varieties. This saud, I should say that the coins are not identical, and that one has some "differences" which would make it a " variety". I don't explain myself very well at times! Really nice looking cons. Dick
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use