I was thinking of buying three with notable print dates; Boston Tea party 1773, Declaration of Independence signed 1776, Battle of King's Mountain 1780 as examples and frame them as a historical set for display. any suggestions as to how to avoid being ripped off?
I am looking at a Colonial note, Pennsylvania Oct/ 1st 1773 serial number 1777. This note and number does not appear on the list of known fakes from the article at oldcurrencyvalues.com It looks nice and he is asking $165.00. I have noticed most of the colonial notes are from Pennsylvania. Should I be concerned about so many being from Pennsylvania? Is this a Red flag. Thanks for your input.
Pennsylvania was one of the largest of the colonies, so they produced significantly more currency than the smaller colonies. $165 is not unreasonable for some notes, but it's hard to offer any advice without seeing pictures.
As with other banknotes, the safest way to assure something is genuine is for it to be slabbed and graded by a third party grading company like PMG or PCGS.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use