Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1986-D Cent Questions

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 284Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
152 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  7:36 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is this possibly doubled, most noticeable on liberty and god/ one cent on the reverse.. or just another normal cent. Regardless I will stop bugging you all.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1114 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like Die Deterioration Doubling to me, possible beginnings of zinc rot,copper plating issues and a tiny struck though grease at the word OF on reverse.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64320 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, some evidence of DDD. Major pic overload.
Valued Member
United States
152 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just suck at photos100% agreed looking at it closer has basically everything your talking about however I'm 99% sure it's wddr-001 with a little grease where the column should be date mm and die gouge line up. I'm only so sure of this because I found 2007-D wddr-002 20mins ago I get how this all works now I just need more practice attributing now. adios! I'm content finally
Edited by Decaf94drew
12/01/2021 8:37 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5358 Posts
Learn More...
United States
21998 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Regardless I will stop bugging you all.

We are here to help you learn. You aren't bugging us at all!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
8181 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, you aren't bugging us! Feel free to ask anything at anytime!
ça va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
United States
7655 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  11:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Immediate answers for when you think you have a DDO, DDR, or RPM.

Check out varietyvista.com. See if you can find an exact match to your coin.

If not, then you almost certainly have a non-collectable type of doubling such as Die Deterioration Doubling or Machine Doubling. You would then go to error-ref.com and look up "doubling" to see all the types that can happen and you can tell what your coin is.
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Pillar of the Community
United States
553 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  11:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not seeing it. 001 has a pretty good double on column 9. Just because the mm location is right doesn't mean it's the double. The double has to be there first, then look for markers.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42783 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2021  04:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 284Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: