Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Unkown Year Cud Overdate Clad Quarter Cu-25c Nd(P)-31

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 325Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
679 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2022  3:36 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add gsp193 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have been wanting a good example of a cud and found this on Ebay. I believe this to be CU-25c ND(P)-31 as listed on cuds-on-coins.com. The weight is 5.65gms. Thanks for checking it out.

http://cuds-on-coins.com/washington...s-no-date-2/

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15134 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2022  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do believe you are right.
Nice find.
Pillar of the Community
United States
679 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2022  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsp193 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks JimmyD! It was listed as a misprinted quarter
Pillar of the Community
United States
8455 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2022  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very cool.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5650 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2022  4:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool! A very dramatic and clear error. If you don't mind me asking, how much did it set you back?

-CH27
Collector of U.S. Coins, Varieties, and Colonial Coinage
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8795 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
679 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2022  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsp193 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone, 70 dollars shipped by the time 17 bids were over @CoinHunter27...probably too much but I wanted one. lol I have checked some auctions and previous sold and that seemed close to in line
Edited by gsp193
05/26/2022 5:00 pm
Learn More...
United States
23633 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2022  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not sure what a fair price would be for this, but I really like it. Well done!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
679 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2022  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsp193 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Spence!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68705 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2022  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No idea of value, but the real McCoy for sure.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
57994 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2022  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It was not miss-printed. Coins are struck. That area of the die has broken off the die. Where there is void on the die, it is filled in with the metal that is present and is now a cud coin. Not a misprint.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2822 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2022  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really nice example!

With 17 bids in an open auction, the price has to be close to FMV. You did well here.

You may be able to narrow the date range a bit from the obverse redesigns. ODV-16 through ODV-20 are possibilities. That could narrow it to anywhere from one to six years.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5650 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2022  8:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think you paid right around market value which is not bad at all! I see these tend to sell around $60-$80 from what I can tell. They're monster cuds so I believe they warrant the price tag. Again, an excellent example and congrats!

-CH27
Collector of U.S. Coins, Varieties, and Colonial Coinage
Pillar of the Community
United States
679 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2022  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsp193 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks @Coinfrog, @coop-That is just how it was listed as a only one in the world misprint rare...I know coins are struck lol Thanks coop! Thanks @fortcollins I was hoping I did ok with it! I will try and narrow down the date by the different designs
Pillar of the Community
United States
679 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2022  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsp193 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks CoinHunter27!
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 325Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.37 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: