My only Morgan that surfaced from my metal detecting days in the 80s-90s, and a real thrill when it popped out of the dirt. You can see the blow to the chin is a big bummer, but overall it's quite attractive to me with the neat toning. I realize this would not grade as MS anything, but wondered how the experts would view its appeal? -or non appeal? Is toning a plus or minus? Is the chin damage significant to you all - like extremely a big flaw? Or not as bad as I think? Hope my photos are sufficient and Thank You for the feedback.
I think it looks nice. Would I pick it out of a line up of other Morgan's with the same date and grade. Personally, no. I like my collection to "match" in overall tone. That's just one guys opinion. I do find it unique and attractive though.
Agree with pristine. Do not get rid of this coin but pass it down. It has almost no corrosion for being a dug coin, in fact, I would wonder if a TPG would know that? I metal detect as well, just my 2 cents. Looks nice. XF45 min. I like AU ;)
Thank you all for the positive feedback. Of all the old silver I have dug over the years this is the only 'blue/purple' toner among them. Just the right rocky soil type along with some oxygen exposure must have done the magic I imagine. For sure the lucky "Blue Lady" is a keeper!
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use