It sold for $542.80 ( comission added ) + the taxes .
This is simply an off center 25 cent ( yes hard to find - but ) . Was it because they added in "cap strike" in the description . I'll bet it doesn't have that on the holder . Anyone look at it at the auction ?
Well we do know it is a real error as per my calculations I did...So I guess the seller got a good dollar and the buyer got a good coin....Everyone is happy.
BUT, what is funny that both pictures the blank coin part is EXACTLY the same distance between clips...strange...?
it is a really nice error, sometimes at an auction you forget about the bidders fee and gst. this is true market value, the 1967 double struck was also a beautiful coin the best I have seen two perfect queens image it sold for a good price.
North-south off-centres always have the best eye-appeal, but I agree, even at MS-64, that error hit a pretty high hammer...
I stayed away from the Torex auction, except for Lot #706.... which I had to have...
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use