I'm wondering if now is a good time to put together a Barber half set. Dealer got a couple thousand in stock. How much over melt is reasonable for good, common dates.
Not sure but good Barber halves don't come cheap. Picked up a 1895 VG+ at the Philly coin show 2012 for $33.00. Nice but questionable IMHO. Still I got one!
He is selling them at $15 each, all common dates I'm sure. Most would grade around good and problem free. Just a bunch of honestly worn barbers. What thinks the community?
Quote: He is selling them at $15 each, all common dates I'm sure. Most would grade around good and problem free.
15 is a good price. You may be able to find them slightly cheaper on ebay but after shipping youll be paying more, even on there though its hard to find them cheaper than 15
A decent, nice looking Barber Half for $15 is good. Be selective and look through a LOT of them before buying. If there is an example that makes very good - buy it. No, GRAB IT! This is an overlooked opportunity, one whose time has come and ... is almost totally gone.
Three or four nice looking halves are a joy to examine. More is better!
Thanks for the heads up! I'm suspecting that there are some decent coins pushing Fine, so I'll drop by tomorrow with a wad of dough and search them all. ;D
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use