Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Specializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

JFK Half Dollar Roll Hunters: Silver, Proofs And Other Finds

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 28,081 / Views: 2,340,167Next Topic
Page: of 1873
Valued Member
agibby5's Avatar
United States
139 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2012  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add agibby5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Went to the bank to get my weekly 4 boxes and was told they only had 3. I picked them up and noticed that they were different. I typically get brinks, but these boxes had a dark brown print surrounding the wording and the rolls were not marked with a company name. Not sure what's up, but figured it might be a good thing to get boxes from a different company. I will ask next time I'm in.

Anyway, this weeks 3 boxes were skunks for silver, but I did get a few NIFC.
Pillar of the Community
kenscott's Avatar
United States
787 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2012  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenscott to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone selling their halves due to the increasing price of silver?

I am tempted to sell off a bit of my nicer sterling this weekend. As for halves, I would love
just to be able to find another box to search. Man, I really loved searching boxes.
Valued Member
GerrodH's Avatar
United States
89 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2012  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GerrodH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not selling anything until it hits at least $50 and I might hold out until $60 (I may be waiting a while). I'm a net buyer/accumulator at these prices despite the rally.
Pillar of the Community
kenscott's Avatar
United States
787 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2012  11:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenscott to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have to play it a bit more conservative seeing I am still unemployed. At this point in time, I am accumulating most of my silver when I can find it well below spot price.

I would like to put some into coins, but right now I almost have to play things on an extreme short-term basis. This being said, I did just purchase a few 2012 1/2 oz Perth Mint Year of the Dragon coins. Something just tells me these are going to appreciate quite well.

As for halves, the banks were quite busy today and I know not to bother tellers at banks about halves on busy days. I will try again Monday when things are more peaceful.
Edited by kenscott
09/07/2012 11:13 pm
Pillar of the Community
BernieZ's Avatar
United States
713 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2012  12:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BernieZ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry you can't get half boxes, Kenscott, I feel for you. Getting boxes is one of the biggest highlight of my week, even if they're skunks.

I went through 2 1/2 boxes in the last 36 hours. 1st 2 boxes were obviously dumps, or akin to it; terrible condition, a ton of 71, 72, 74, 76's, etc...

Finally, I found a real gem in the third box.

1960 Benjamin half dazzling condition. The pics don't really do it justice; it's so clean and beautiful. Best condition silver I ever found.

Anyone care to venture a casual grading?
JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

Valued Member
silverdollar2011's Avatar
United States
385 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2012  12:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silverdollar2011 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
:D Those are some sexy Franklins, I remember finding 10xFranklins a few months ago in 4 rolls after I found the first one while crossing a street lol, it was pretty sweet but I did only find 1 with a little bit of luster.
I'd grade it at a MS-63 due to its contact marks and attractiveness.
Edited by silverdollar2011
09/08/2012 12:18 am
Valued Member
TrickyxMick's Avatar
United States
228 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2012  01:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TrickyxMick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wife brought home $70 today, 87S clad, 67 40%, and 4 hole fillers not to bad!
Pillar of the Community
United States
619 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2012  01:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CPC24 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's been hard to find halves around here lately. I drove around a couple days ago, and only found 2 40% halves. Today, I was on my way to the flea market, and went in two banks along the way. I found 4 more 40% halves. By the time I got to the dealer there, I had enough to trade for an ASE!
Pillar of the Community
BernieZ's Avatar
United States
713 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2012  01:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BernieZ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, Silverdollar, how did you add to a previous comment?
Valued Member
silverdollar2011's Avatar
United States
385 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2012  02:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silverdollar2011 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BernieZ, I clicked on the 2nd button from the left, the one with a piece of paper and pencil
JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds
Pillar of the Community
chuckster 125's Avatar
United States
4113 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2012  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BernieZ:

Congrats,
Beautiful Franklin!

Valued Member
United States
53 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2012  10:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add seelinger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The fam's been sick, so slow for me last couple weeks. grats on the finds all!

Maui - after you run out of halves, start asking for old dimes/quarters. Could be very similar situation.
Bedrock of the Community
Earle42's Avatar
United States
10065 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2012  10:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow Berniez congrats on the Ben!
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Download and read: Grading the graders
Costly TPG ineptitude and No FG Kennedy halves
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/7ca91bdd0/w...i3b-rbj9fir2
Valued Member
Murphy's Avatar
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2012  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Murphy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW BernieZ, that is the nicest Franklin I have seen pulled from circulation. And you got it for face value. I put together a Dansco Franklin Album and that matches the quality of many of mine. And I paid well over face value for them. Nice!!
Valued Member
United States
53 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2012  11:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add seelinger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bish, where'd you get that billion number? Mintage totals?
  Previous TopicReplies: 28,081 / Views: 2,340,167Next Topic
Page: of 1873

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.06 seconds to rattle this change. Forums