Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Specializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

New Hampshire Coin & Currency Expo - 120 Tables - Manchester

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 4,760Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2703 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2012  7:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add t360 to your friends list
I have never tried the "Early Bird" show, so I can't say for sure.
Might be worth it to get first crack at all the "fresh material".
Valued Member
United States
460 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2012  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dumprat to your friends list
I will be going Sat. to try to add to my 1909 certified RD Cent collection.

I went last year (my first coin show I attended). I ended up buying a few hundred on Barber's in VF for around spot.

A lot of nice dealers and a few that just bugged me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3486 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2012  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list
From Room 528 ...

Hey dumprat!

Meet me at the BCCS/LSCC table for a chit-chat.
We are set back along a wall away from the bourse floor so a chance for some peace and quiet.

From what I have already seen during today's dealer set up, there are a lot of nice Barbers being offered.

Your "on the scene of the action" reporter here in Manchester, New Hampshire.

Matthew



Valued Member
United States
460 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2012  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dumprat to your friends list
Will do.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2703 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2012  10:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add t360 to your friends list
I can't go
Have a blast at the show!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1708 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2012  11:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ArrowsAndRays to your friends list
My summer season has started up - no more free weekends til September, alas.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2703 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2012  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add t360 to your friends list
Please post pictures of your pick-ups.
Valued Member
United States
460 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2012  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dumprat to your friends list
I had a great time. Met my first CCF member (Matthewvincent). A very nice guy and seems to know his stuff. Wish we could of talked longer.

Will try to get pics up when I can. Myself, my father, and brother-in-law ended up spending between $600-$700 each. Will try to get some pics up if I have time.

I bought:
1955d Roosevelt to finish my silver Roosevelt set
1938d Walker
1944 Walker
1909 Lincoln Cent PCGS MS65RD
1912 $2.50 Gold Indian
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2703 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2012  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add t360 to your friends list
Sounds like you all did very well!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3486 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2012  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list
Hey dumprat!

I am glad that you stopped by our table!
There is an underlying philosophy at the New Hampshire show: to encourage parents and children to collect together.
Well, when the three of you stopped by, I was taken by surprise. I did not think that parents and children
would continue a joint persuit into adulthood. It made me feel very good.

And that 1909 Red - WOW!

I just love your goal: to collect all six 1909 cents. Good Luck.

I may have shown you the Liberty "V" Nickel that I had bought. Later that afternoon, I also obtained from the same dealer
another. I now have both the 1912-S AND the 1886. Spent the equivalent of just over a grand in total, but despite
the abundance of examples at the show these two were miles above in condition and eye appeal.
Much like your 1909, I just could not leave it/them behind.

---

And finally, let us both hope that our meeting encourages others to do the same.
Meeting on the Internet is fine, but being able to put a face on a post, well,
that somehow is important to me.

Good Hunting!
Are you all going again in September?




Edited by matthewvincent
05/07/2012 10:25 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3486 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2012  1:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list
My "pick ups?"

I am quite happy with this one.

Will post the 1912-S later.
Perhaps the nicest high VF at the show.
I could not return home without it.


New-Hampshire-Coin-&-Currency-Expo---120-Tables---Manchester

New-Hampshire-Coin-&-Currency-Expo---120-Tables---Manchester
Pillar of the Community
United States
3486 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2012  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list
Here is the 1912-S.
Only a VF-20.

New-Hampshire-Coin-&-Currency-Expo---120-Tables---Manchester

New-Hampshire-Coin-&-Currency-Expo---120-Tables---Manchester
Pillar of the Community
United States
3486 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2012  2:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list
They are now making friends with the 1885,

New-Hampshire-Coin-&-Currency-Expo---120-Tables---Manchester

New-Hampshire-Coin-&-Currency-Expo---120-Tables---Manchester
Pillar of the Community
United States
3486 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2012  2:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list
Together at last!

All 33 plus a Racketeer Nickel for the historical angle.



New-Hampshire-Coin-&-Currency-Expo---120-Tables---Manchester
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
16697 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2012  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list
Nice looking set! Those keys look nice.
swcoin.ecrater.com
Page 2 of 2   Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 4,760Next Topic Page 2 of 2
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.


    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Forums