Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1909 S VDB Looking For Grade Opinions Please

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 3,451Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
15951 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2014  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list
There are certainly collectors with enough knowledge to authenticate this coin ... alas I am not one of them and hopeful that you are.

Appears authentic from my limited knowledge ... I'm in at F12/F15 ... but not an expert opinion.

Lovely example of a rare key-date coin.

David

Edited for spgllenging
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Edited by nickelsearcher
09/13/2014 7:51 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2130 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2014  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Connor to your friends list
Congrats on your purchase...F15 was my first thought.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5417 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2014  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zxcccxz to your friends list
F-12 seems right although F-15 wouldn't surprise me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2373 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2014  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nlp coins to your friends list
I think the picture or scans are flooded and the obv looks like there is not very much definition. The reverse wheats look awful strong for a Fine grade. I'm in the VF range. nlp
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10045 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2014  8:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DVCollector to your friends list
It appears to be obverse #4.
New Member
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2014  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Saifa to your friends list
I would say strong F12 to F15 range.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5854 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2014  12:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add D0ubl3Eagle to your friends list
I have to agree with nlp coins. I think it grades VF-20 maybe VF-25 with the right graders.
Pillar of the Community
United States
709 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2014  02:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mike1487 to your friends list
With that obverse, it should be a Fine. But key dates are often overgraded so who knows. Nice pickup!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20052 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2014  02:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list
Congrats on knowing what to look for AND the coin!



F12
Lincoln Cent Lover!
VERDI-CARE™ INVENTOR
https://verdi.care/
Pillar of the Community
United States
2368 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2014  06:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wheatchaser140 to your friends list
F-15
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10743 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2014  06:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list
Wow! What a great pickup, and very nice..
F-12 for me.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37206 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2014  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list
F-12 and looks genuine.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8137 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2014  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list
F-12

I do not see any huge red flags, so I would say it's real. Are you going to get it slabbed?
Valued Member
United States
308 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2014  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pennynickelguy to your friends list
Thank you all for your grades. When I bought it, I though the Obverse looked F-12 and the Reverse looked VF-20. So I purchased it based on F-15 (and paid my co-worker a fair price). As for getting it slabbed I think I will down the road. But for now I am enjoying it next to all my other wheats! Thanks to all!
Valued Member
United States
457 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2014  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Necer149 to your friends list
F-15
Page 2 of 2   Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 3,451Next Topic Page 2 of 2
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.


    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Forums