Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions300,000 items to help build your collection! Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Why Is Nobody Talking About The 1776-2026 W Enhanced Uncirculated Morgan & Peace Dollars?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 3,764Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
15955 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2026  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list
Nope - not interested in the least bit.

The US Mint IMO has ruined their product and core fan base by offering overpriced gimmicky coins.

Superhero coins - really.

I don't intend to pay attention to anything the US Mint offers.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Pillar of the Community
United States
657 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2026  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Check Vector Ze's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Vector Ze to your friends list

Quote:
I don't intend to pay attention to anything the US Mint offers.

Yeah, I think I am too, after this year's Uncirculated Mint Set, which is insanely overpriced, nearly quadrupling the cost of admission from just last year.

If there's an issue of interest, in many cases it can be bought at a substantially lower price on the aftermarket if one isn't too obsessed with getting it ASAP.

I have a US Mint Set collection, and 2026 looks like a pretty good year to call it completed.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1538 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2026  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add halfamind to your friends list
Now, if we can all *really* stick to our guns & stop buying this overpriced stuff after 2026, they will get the hint.
Pillar of the Community
United States
814 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2026  10:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Boba Debt to your friends list
I think I'm one of the few actually looking forward to these.

If the two-coin set coming out in the fall does indeed have the diamond finish, that'll make it two unique types in one year.

It's a great time to be a tyoe collector

Looks like toe 2017 Liberty set is getting moved :)


Why-Is-Nobody-Talking-About-The-1776-2026-W-Enhanced-Uncirculated-Morgan-&-Peace-Dollars?
Edited by Boba Debt
06/27/2026 10:51 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4622 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2026  08:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list
If I'm reading the Mint site correctly, there are 5 separate SKUs and six coins.

The P mintmark/250 privy Proof on July 9 (26NG, 26NJ)

The W mintmark Uncirculated on August 25 (26NH, 26NK)

The Two coin set (26NL) in the fall

All are available as separate subscriptions...
-----Burton
50+ year / Life / Emeritus ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC, EveryCountry (online) coin club
Owned by three cats and a wife of 40+ years (joined 1983)

Author: 3rd Edition of the Sample Slabs book, https://www.sampleslabs.info/
Valued Member
United States
459 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2026  11:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AES to your friends list

Quote:
If I'm reading the Mint site correctly, there are 5 separate SKUs and six coins.


That's how I'm interpreting it also. There is so little continuity across the listings and respective subscriptions, it's hard to be sure.

The new 250th coin designs sucked me back into the mint and proof sets after abandoning them a while back. But I am finished with the new Peace dollar collection given the new pricing and treatments.
Pillar of the Community
United States
814 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2026  11:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Boba Debt to your friends list

Quote:
AES wrote:

That's how I'm interpreting it also


What is there to interprete?

What and I missing?
Valued Member
United States
459 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2026  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AES to your friends list
That the products will be different across the different product codes. Is it crystal clear to you given the descriptions and changes to products with the same subscription code used last year?


Even the Uncirculated Coin Set has some different langualge between the sub and regular product descriptions.

"The 2026 United States Mint Uncirculated Set includes two cards, each containing 10 encapsulated coins with uncirculated quality finishes.

vs

"U.S. Mint uncirculated coins are struck on special presses using greater force than what is used for circulating coins, producing a sharp, intricately detailed image. "
Edited by AES
06/28/2026 12:02 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
814 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2026  1:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Boba Debt to your friends list
Based on previous discussions, it seemed generally accepted that if you have the Uncirculated Subscription for each separate dollar, you will receive the Enhanced Uncirculated versions.

The individual Reverse Proof Subscriptions will be Reverse Proofs.

The only uncertain one was the "Morgan and Peace dollar 2026 Two-Coin Set," which changes to "Morgan and Peace dollar Two-Coin Reverse Proof Set Subscription" when you subscribe to it.

Now that the diamond finish appears to be a type of reverse proof, it's likely that's what that set will be.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
108136 Posts
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196571 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2026  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list
I one Morgan and one Peace the first year for my type set. I got the first year of the two coin reverse proof set because I liked how they looked. I lost interest after that. If not for the reverse proof set, I would have been out sooner because they robbed me of the 2022 Peace dollar that I really wanted.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5700 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2026  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Morgans Dad to your friends list
Now people know why,.............
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2160 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2026  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cptbilly to your friends list
Will get the Dual Dated, 250 PM, Enhanced UNC Morgan and the Peace. . . .I have a subscription for the two coin proof set [ 26XS ] due in the Fall. . .no modern Morgan / Peace releases in 2027. As I've previously noted, sales for the two types in various versions have waned over the last few years. Not shocked the USM is discontinuing the series.
Edited by cptbilly
08/15/2026 10:43 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2160 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2026  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cptbilly to your friends list
Mintage limits for both coins was set at 250,000. The ATS quantities for each
26XE - Morgan - 165,602
26XH - Peace - 170,787


UPDATE

ATS as of 1:55 PDST
26XE - 155,299. 26XH - 162,242

Pretty tepid response on opening day.

Edited by cptbilly
08/25/2026 4:28 pm
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196571 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2026  4:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:
Pretty tepid response on opening day.
At $169 for each, I am not surprised.
Page 2 of 2   Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 3,764Next Topic Page 2 of 2
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.


    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Forums