Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Next Product - Verdi-tone�

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16115 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2010  6:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I wanted to share and get some feedback on my next product in the VERDI- line. My goal is to compete with products like Dellers Darkener, a product I really hate. For retoning coins everyone knows pretty much knows about the window sill method. It works great but it can take a year or longer. My goal in the development of VERDI-TONE� was to greatly speed the process along reducing it to weeks or months to get the same effect and the same same chemical reaction without resorting to artificial colorants or harsh chemicals like Dellers. I've been testing various compositions for months now and it's time to start showing my latest results and obtaining some feedback.

At some point I will need some beta product testers, perhaps as early as next week. So keep your eyes open! Here's an example of what I think might be the final formula. What I've done during the crude testing is to impregnate cardboard with the VERDI-TONE� chemical and placed the coins on a window sill for weeks. The final product will likely be a small envelope soaked with VERDI-TONE� or I may sell the liquid directly.

I should add that the chemical I'm using is slow release hydrogen sulfide technology. So the toning process is "natural" in effect. That part of the product is not secret and it will even be in the product literature. VERDI-TONE� does not use any type of artificial colorant.

Let me know what you think. I need opinions and feedback please. The first test coins were cleaned. The 1921 was fairly harshly cleaned and has some hairlines on the obverse. The 1910 was over dipped in, most likely, an acid-thiourea commercial dip. The results are after sitting for six weeks on the impregnated cardboard with occassional flipping.

Lincoln Cent Lover!
Edited by BadThad
08/14/2010 10:27 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3942 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2010  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
interesting...

are you going to try to make a rainbow tone?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8278 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2010  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do you need a tester? Please?
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
3942 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2010  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
oh, yes, i'd be intrested in testing also!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16115 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2010  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
are you going to try to make a rainbow tone?

Rainbow toning is caused by the hydrogen sulfide migrating from the rims inward. It might be possible and I've considered using something similar to the black ring from an Air-Tite to achieve an album toned look. I have not yet tested if it would work to produce a rainbow though. Once I start the silver testing phase, I'll give this a shot.....good idea.

I should add that the chemical I'm using is slow release hydrogen sulfide technology. So the toning process is "natural" in effect. That part of the product is not secret and it will even be in the product literature. VERDI-TONE does not use any type of artificial colorant.

Lincoln Cent Lover!
Edited by BadThad
08/14/2010 7:41 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16115 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2010  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Do you need a tester? Please?

I'll put you on the top of the list dogman! You already have experience testing and taking pictures. Just so you know, I have yet to test it on a nickel. The product has only been tested on copper so far. However, since it uses hydrogen sulfide slow release technology, it should work on all metals.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Valued Member
United States
313 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2010  7:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fatboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It may just be the lighting but the "10" is great, the "21" to me looks like it could use a little more time.I have used both verdi gone and care and have been happy with both.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16115 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2010  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It may just be the lighting but the "10" is great, the "21" to me looks like it could use a little more time.I have used both verdi gone and care and have been happy with both.

I have not yet ended the test on these two coins. I'm going to let them both keep toning. That's one of the best attributes of VERDI-TONE, it's easy to monitor the progress and stop when you want. With something like Dellers you easily can overdo the toning and ruin the coin.

Thanks for using VERDI-CHEM products!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Valued Member
United States
376 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2010  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add big777bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd like to see how it works on silver.
Valued Member
United States
376 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2010  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add big777bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OH I meant to say that I've used Verdi-Care on some of my Indian cents and the results were fantastic!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16115 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2010  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We'll get to the silver testing soon and thanks for using VC!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2150 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2010  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jokingjoker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome, awesome, awesome idea. I hate Dellers this will make a great addition to the VERDI line. LOVE IT!!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16115 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2010  11:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you sir! Yes, VERDI-CHEM products ROCK!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9236 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2010  01:57 am  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dellers never did work well for me either. If this product works on silver I'm in!
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
United States
602 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2010  02:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wolf-n-wa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definately gives the coins a more natural look. A little more time on the 21 I agree with. Where can I get the Verdi-Care line or read more about it? WOLF
Pillar of the Community
United States
1658 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2010  06:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb8539 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would say both are definitely an improvement!
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.04 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05