Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Taking Close Up Pictures

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 1,958Next Topic  

United States
12 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2011  5:08 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add brahcu to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

I see a lot of good close up pictures on this site. What is the best way to do this?
Pillar of the Community
United States
784 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2011  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pman860507 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i just use my camera and my loupe. turn on macro. zoom in with camera. Mine cant go over 2X before it blurs it. then place the loupe under camera and shot!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2621 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2011  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DrDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use an "IntetPlay" microscope.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3341 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2011  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rmpsrpms to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you link to an example of what you want to do? And what is the purpose, to document die varieties, etc? Or by close-up do you mean just a pic of a whole coin? There is a wide range of what you can do and it takes different equipment to do it.
Contact me for photographic equipment or visit my home page at:
http://macrocoins.com
Pillar of the Community
United States
7743 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2012  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I take the highest mega-pixel count that my camera can take and crop it down and save the images on PhotoBucket (and post them for free on eBay).
Edited by oih82w8
01/27/2012 2:49 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3076 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2012  01:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aladinslamp to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't use Photo Bucket, but
I always thought: get your best hi-res pics and post them there so they can be seen on NON-Hi res sites? not needing to crop and loose details?Learn something new everyday...
Valued Member
Malta
64 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2012  2:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paulport15 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
get a good camera with a super macro. use stand and good natural light
Learn More...
United States
14454 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2012  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
most of my pictures you see on this forum were taken with a 3.3MP point and shoot camera. You do not need a expensive camera to be able to get good shots even very close shots are doable as long as the camera has a macro mode. One other thin I like having is a custom White Balance on a camera. I had a sony that only had preset WB functions and I hated it. But the camera I used until here recently only cost like 20 bucks on eBay about 10 years ago and here are some shots taken with that camera, they may not be good enough to print from but definitely good enough to post on a forum and show any type of doubling or any other features you want to capture and show

Pillar of the Community
United States
7835 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2012  11:19 am  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bryan....what kind of camera is that ?
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2012  11:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TrashyTrucker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought a cheap $35 digital scope on ebay from someone, and it's ok, but the resolution is bad, and the size pic you get isn't good enough really to put on an auction, because the resolution sucks. I just keep using my Fujifilm Finepix E900, it takes GREAT macro shots, but as many have said, it's the lighting that counts.

The sensors need very good lighting to focus and adjust all those fancy settings. When I take shots outside I get great results, but inside things get harder.

As mentioned, taking a pic using max megapixel setting helps a lot, because even if the shot comes out a little blurry, you can reduce size and/or crop and end up with a usable picture! :)
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 1,958Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05