Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Are Your Collecting Goals For 2012?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
7096 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2012  01:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My goals are to keep adding to my collection and broaden the scope of it, along with my knowledge of the coins I am collecting.
I do this every year so it realy isn't a new thing
Valued Member
United States
284 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2012  01:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DM1975 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1. Lincoln cent collection
2. Finish collecting all proof sets
3. Finish collecting all prestige, legacy, and premier sets
4. Get my 7070 type set off and running well
5. Work on collecting all mint sets I can get
Valued Member
United States
62 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2012  02:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollectorjj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To learn about all different coins and start a collection :)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
7096 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2012  02:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
coincollectorjj
That's the ticket,Good on you mate
and this is the forum to gain that knowledge
Valued Member
United States
333 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2012  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BuffaloBonehead to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Find coins worth millions by accident...

and then hold on to them for price appreciation.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2012  1:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finding some great error or rare variety coins while roll searching!
Edited by wquinn
01/18/2012 1:19 pm
Valued Member
United States
301 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2012  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mach1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought a lot of coins and silver last year. I plan more of the same this year. I already picked up a ATB 5oz. silver for 2012. As far as specific collecting goals, here are mine:

1. 2012 bullion, proof, and uncirculated ASE's.
2. Finish Ike dollar date set.
3. Work on Kennedy date set.
4. Document coins bought for the colleciton better.

There's a coin show near me this weekend, so I hope to find the Ike dollars and 2012 ASE bullion I'm looking for.
Learn More...
United States
84315 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2012  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
2. Finish Ike dollar date set.
A worthy goal. Should be number one, in my opinion.
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2012  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rivmage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My goals:

1.)Finish my spreadsheet/track my collection
2.)Finish my Jefferson set
3.)Improve my grading skills
4.)Start my Lincoln/shield nickel/state quarter/state park/presidential set
5.)Work on my Liberty nickel set
6.)Join local coin club

Pillar of the Community
United States
790 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2012  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wrestling_135 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To break my $17 THOUSAND half dollar skunk streak!

(Grabbed a couple more grand last and this week with still more stinky skunks)
Valued Member
United States
418 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2012  08:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mariospaghetti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well here are my plans for 2012.
1) Add a few coins to my 7070 collection a month ( money permitted)
2) work on buying a good usb microscope
3) learn to take better pics
4) Try and buy at least 2 oz of silver ( maple leafs or ASE) a month
5) Biggest one of all Find a better paying job with insurance.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1407 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2012  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add afcop13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1. Restart my SLQ set - try to get at least 7-10 of them in EF or better condition this year. Hope I trip over a dateless 16 somewhere in a pile of 90%. Hey - it happens - I've seen it on here 3-4 times.

2. Restarted my Merc Dime set, so far have 5 MS62 or higher, so - continue to add to that as I can.
3. Finish my Lincoln set - need the biggie - 1909 S VDB and a couple of others.
4. Add bullion.
5. Add 90% to the stack.
6. Re-assess my Buff set, upgrade the acid dated coins (6 of them) at good buying opportunities.
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2012  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add FireGuyJoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will be adding more silver and a little gold (coins) to my collection this year, I also have been snatching up reasonably prices Half Cents in EF+ when I find them. I have been moving out the common wheats and putting that into Merc's. Always picking up pre-30 BU wheats too.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05