Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Latest Themed Acquisitions - Birds

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 110 / Views: 44,251Next Topic
Page: of 8
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
7279 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2020  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice to see this old thread revived!

2001 South African cent:
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5154 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Can you maybe send a list of what you have? Am sorting bulk coins quite often so would be happy to keep aside bird coins for you.
Thanks very much for the offer David, but since about 2014, I'm no longer adding to any of my collections. Getting too old plus I have 2 sons, neither of which is interested in coins, so who knows where they'll end up.

I do still noodle any change we receive, but nothing spectacular has jumped out at me lately.

I've done a list of all the birdie coins I've posted here so far (289) but my total Birdie collection is now 634.
--------------------------------------------------
Just had a quick squiz at my Colombian coins and I have these 3 that I have images for that haven't yet made it to CCF.

Colombia 20 Pesos 1992 #282 AlBz Condor 1989-2003

Colombia 200 Pesos 2012 #297 CnZn Scarlet Macaw 2012-16

Colombia 200 Pesos 1994 #287 CnZn Stylised Bird Heads 1994-2012
life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved
Edited by Nevol
07/12/2020 9:03 pm
Valued Member
Australia
109 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  01:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nancy,

A shame you are no longer actively collecting. Yes, you can't take them with you but if you enjoy the pastime does it matter if your sons aren't keen? Also, it seems many children aren't interested in their parents hobbies until they are getting on themselves or have grandchildren that become collectors.
WOW - 600+ bird coins. I didn't even twig to the stylized birds on the second 200 Pesos coin. Yes, it seems you have the one I was thinking of.

Am enjoying the pics so yes, please post more when you find the time!

Cheers

David
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2483 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  06:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
More nice pis Nancy. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Thanks very much for the offer David, but since about 2014, I'm no longer adding to any of my collections. Getting too old plus I have 2 sons, neither of which is interested in coins, so who knows where they'll end up.

I think I remember reading somewhere that collections recirculate on average, about every 40 years. Children inherit the collections and are not interest, so they sell them on.

You're not that old Nancy, you have many years left, so enjoy every day.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 14,500 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5154 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As it turns out, I have links for a heap of birdie coins that I never posted, so will try to put up some each day.

Armenia 10 Dram 1994 #58 All Single Year Only Eagles

Armenia 10 Luma 1994 #51 Al SYO Eagle

Armenia 20 Luma 1994 #52 Al SYO Eagles

Armenia 3 Dram 1994 #55 Al SYO Eagles

Armenia 5 Dram 1994 #56 Al SYO Eagles

Armenia 50 Luma 1994 #53 Al SYO Eagles

life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved
Page: of 8 Previous TopicReplies: 110 / Views: 44,251Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05