Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Please Read! What To Do When You See Spam......

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 6,921Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10494 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2018  10:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like the spammers were at it again today, and people were responding to spam again.

At my company we have annual security training on what to do (and not do) with phishing emails. It's gotten so bad and we've had so many repeat offenders that when people are caught clicking on bad links in phishing emails, they are required to go through the training again. Which is fine with me because I run the department that has to wipe infected machines and reimage them.

Maybe we need to implement something like that here at CCF before posting privileges are restored:

Of course I say that assuming (and hoping) that I am not a previous violator.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20580 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2018  07:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Took me about 5 times longer than it should have to clean up yesterday because people kept replying. When deleting topics in the database every time a row changes (someone replies) during the delete process the entire delete fails and you have to start over from scratch. What should have taken less than 30 minutes, took almost 3 hours.

When you reply to spam:

No one thinks you're cute.
No one thinks you're clever.
No one thinks you're smart.
No one thinks you're funny.
No one thinks you're brave.
No one thinks you're threatening.

The only person that thinks anything is the spammer, and he is grateful you've taken time out of your busy day to make his posts even more visible.
Pillar of the Community
United States
655 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2018  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ron6788 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I think you're doing a great job with it, Bobby, because I've never seen any spam on this forum!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2018  11:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well, I think you're doing a great job with it, Bobby, because I've never seen any spam on this forum!

I have never seen spam here. Bobby is doing a great job and he's keeping it peaceful for us.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20580 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2020  11:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Once again, members with over 10,000 posts that should know better replying to spam.
Learn More...
Canada
9135 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2020  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe handing out one week vacations might be a good incentive for some clowns to stop replying to spam...
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3481 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2020  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Bobby, is there merit to the occasional reminder to the CCF, perhaps in Upper case/Bold letters, on what to do? I don't recall ever seeing an explicit message on what to do, but what you said makes perfect sense.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 6,921Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05