Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Best Coin Investment Strategies?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
United States
178 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2017  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add steviegetz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Im the same age as you. I havent sold anything but I try to keep an investment perspective for when I eventually sell if that day ever comes. But I collect historical coins with original attractive nice color problem free surfaces if possible. Imo When it comes time to sell everyone will point out any flaw to bring your price down. Find coins You love . Youll be happier in the long run if you do
CCF Advertiser
United States
39 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2020  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paradime Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's some great advice given which holds true even over the years. I agree to all what's been said.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1542 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2020  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I invest in the stock market/ 401k but majority of my investment are low cost stock index funds.

I buy coins as a hobby, based on value, worth I believe I can get some of my cost back , but I hope my kids keep and in 70 years get a lot of money back, but I'll be dead and I hope to leave them other money rather than coins.
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2020  3:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinsForComics to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kinda funny that this post is from 2012. I was thinking about some of the coins I have bought over the years and they really haven't appreciated at all. My stocks have gone through the roof and my graded key comics as well but coins, not so much. I'll be focusing on buying only key dates to cut down on clutter and improve odds of appreciation this time around.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2449 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  12:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jerryc39 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
key dates are expensive and are not guaranteed to go up in value. I have a few and they have all gone down in value the last 10 years or so.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2562 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I completed a Registry set of Peace dollars in 2014 of both NGC and PCGS coins. There was nothing special about set as it was white Peace dollars that ranged from AU55 to MS64. I paid $4355 for the set. I sold the set in December of 2019 on eBay as individual coins for a total of $3585. I lost 17.7 % plus eBay fees, paypal fees, and shipping cost. For the same time period the PCGS 3000 coin index went down 17%, so the 17.7% that I lost follows the general trend of the coin market. The biggest single loss was the Peace dollar key date 1928 NGC MS62 that I paid $599 and sold for $399. This was not an investment as I was collecting something that I liked.
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05