Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Do ATB Coins Get Into Circulation?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Learn More...
United States
80832 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2012  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Guess what? Today, I got a Gettysburg-P in my change.
Very nice!
Valued Member
United States
365 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2012  7:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ericmckeown to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I usually find 3 or 4 everyday being a cashier. One of my favorite modern coins so no complaints here
Pillar of the Community
United States
3433 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2012  12:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smokeriderdon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I dont roll hunt the quarters as much as I should, but I do find a lot of the ATBs in circulation. I dont keep them as we get the rolls from the mint, but I am pretty sure I could knock out about half a set in one box.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10213 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2012  01:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
But you have to cough up $500 for a box. :) I realize you get most of it back but that's a pretty big outlay of cash right there.
Valued Member
United States
424 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2012  02:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crazyforATB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yeah I just dont have that kind of money to dish out. I use around 200 dollars on quarter rolls per visit and just keep recycling it..
Pillar of the Community
United States
1227 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2012  02:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ninamason to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
jbuck (and everyone else hunting ATBs and feeling the frustration), hit up my trade post. I don't have ATBs listed publicly right now, but I pull nice ones from my drawer every single day at work and I'm happy to trade at face value (including for plain old spendable coin of the realm) or for world coins. They're still "found in circulation," just not in a cash drawer you were at!
Valued Member
United States
365 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2012  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ericmckeown to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I feel kind of lucky now, I've found over 100 in circulation. Had I known how in demand they were, I would save some for people here. I always buy a new one when they come out from a coin shop for 65 cents, so I usually throw the "finds" back into circulation
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.87 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05