Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer 300,000 items to help build your collection! Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsRoyal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes.








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1872 Indian Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 2,129Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
DavidZerbato's Avatar
United States
1081 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2013  4:13 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add DavidZerbato to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I wanted to toss this one out to all of you. Looking to possibly purchase it, so they are the seller's photos. I have what I think, but wanted to get a second opinion to make sure I'm not biased.

1872-Indian-Cent
Pillar of the Community
supgog's Avatar
Israel
2420 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2013  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add supgog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice looking coin. Details look VF to me.
Pillar of the Community
ThisIsFun's Avatar
United States
2480 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2013  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ThisIsFun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF, some flavor of Snow 10, wish I had one
Pillar of the Community
DavidZerbato's Avatar
United States
1081 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2013  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DavidZerbato to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is the Shallow "N" variety and that is one of the main reasons I am interested in it.
Bedrock of the Community
SHAFTA9a's Avatar
Canada
10743 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2013  5:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin David, VF to me also.
Pillar of the Community
amida17's Avatar
United States
4897 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2013  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add amida17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! That is a beautiful example of a TOUGH date/variety. Hopefully you get it...If it is listed as the shallow N you may have quite a bit of competition.
Pillar of the Community
beaglebailey's Avatar
United States
716 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2013  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add beaglebailey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It definitely is a shallow N, and although it is difficult to tell from the photo it appears to have the diagnostics for a Snow 10A. On the obverse I believe I see a die chip on the cheek just left of the ear, and the protrusion (MPD?)at the base of the bust. On the reverse I see the die crack at 6 o'clock at the rim. There are some other diagnostics that I can't pick up due to wear or quality of the photo, or I could just be wrong. If this is that variety you had a good eye to pick it out.
Pillar of the Community
DavidZerbato's Avatar
United States
1081 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2013  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DavidZerbato to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not sure if it's the 10A, I'll break out my Snow variety book later tonight. It is a very tough date to locate a nice, problem free example that is reasonable priced.
Moderator
Learn More...
vermontensium's Avatar
United States
16697 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2013  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know what you mean about looking for nice, problem free examples of these late 60-70 keys.
Very nice, original looking VF coin!
swcoin.ecrater.com
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
mysilveryears's Avatar
United States
1910 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2013  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mysilveryears to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF and lookin' pretty.
Hope you land it.
Bedrock of the Community
DVCollector's Avatar
United States
10045 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2013  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DVCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I noticed the "shallow N" reverse immediately. I don't see any overt problems. with VF.
Edited by DVCollector
01/14/2013 9:33 pm
Valued Member
morgandude's Avatar
United States
380 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2013  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgandude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF25
Pillar of the Community
DavidZerbato's Avatar
United States
1081 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2013  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DavidZerbato to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The dealer has it graded as F15 and make no mention of the Shallow N. It is priced as such. I am torn whether it truly is a VF coin. The overall detail and strike are pretty good, but the head band by the ear is a bit worn and/or weak. I would like to think it is a VF coin, but will make a final determination once I have it in hand.
Pillar of the Community
D0ubl3Eagle's Avatar
United States
5854 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2013  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add D0ubl3Eagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am going to go with VF-30. Very nice coin!
Bedrock of the Community
DVCollector's Avatar
United States
10045 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2013  11:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DVCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the dealer has undergraded it slightly--but I'll wait for new pics.
Pillar of the Community
TJsCoins's Avatar
United States
3229 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2013  01:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TJsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
NICE!
  Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 2,129Next Topic
Page: of 2

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Forums