Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

"Westcoin Wants" - Numismatic Books & Us Two Cent Pieces

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
6818 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2013  5:02 pm Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Westcoin's - Numismatic Literature WANTED list; Updated January 2019

Numismatic Scrapbook Magazine;
Back Issues from 1935-1936 any individual issues or bound sets.

Numismatic Bibliomania Society;
Asylum Back Issues; 10.2, 10.3, 10.4, 11.3, 12.1, 21.1, 21.2, whereas first number is Edition second number is Volume. PLEASE HELP! As soon as this is complete, I will be having all of these bound into books. (I've already exhausted all available back issues from the NBS directly.

Goldberg Auctions;
The Missouri Cabinet Collection of U.S. Half Cents, Hardbound edition primarily, but will consider softbound issues also, multiple copies wanted. Also interested in other Goldberg catalogs in hardbound editions or deluxe editions.

Empire Coin Company - Any Auction catalogs or Fixed Price Lists (FPLs).
Empire Topics; - Issue# 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11.
Bowers/Empire Review; - Issue# 16, 18, 19, 20.
Hathaway & Bowers; - Rare Coin Reviews (1969-1970). Issues 1, 1A, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9.
Bowers & Ruddy Galleries; - Rare Coin Review Issues #10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15.
James Ruddy; - Ruddy's Reviews newsletters (any).

Ivy Press - Legacy
11 Issues Feb/March 1988 through Summer 1990 (any)

Ken Lowe; - "Rare Coin Review; 1969-1994 An Annotated Index of the first 100 issues" published by the Money Tree.

Money Tree; - "Out on a Limb" Newsletters published by Ken Lowe & Myron Xenos. Also any Money Tree auction catalogs, especially numismatic book auctions and any "PRL's" (Prices Realized Lists) for them.
Money Tree; Reprint of Haseltine's 1883 Sylvester Crosby Sale.
Money Tree; American Numismatic Biographies by Pete Smith.

Remy Bourne/RAMM Communications; Fifth Volume of Remy Bourne's Fixed Price Lists and Prices Paid for Lists of U.S. Coin Dealers, 1950-1959.

Also ANY and ALL volumes of RAMM books or monographs by Remy Bourne (including Volumes 1-4 of the same above), NUMISMA reprints of Ed. Frossard's newsletters.

Remy Bourne; American Numismatic Periodicals from 1860-1960, the original book or any reprints from the Money Tree are acceptable.

Colorado Territorial Scrip by Nolie Mumey

New Netherland's Coin Company 1952 ANA Auction Catalog #76, the Lee G. Agnew Collection.
New Netherland's Coin Company Auction catalogs #32-62 (any)

Stack's: Phil Showers - Fixed Price List of US Half Cents issued in 1969 Original softbound copy or the hardbound reprint from 1999. Looking for either of these.

Any plated early United States coin auctions & sales of the 19th century and early 20th century, also PRL's of same.

Accepting offers on any modern (20th & 21st century) auction sales you may have in deluxe or hardbound editions.

*Also wanted many original PRL's (Prices Realized Lists) on any/all Coin Auctions. Let me know what you have old or new I need many to go with my vast auction catalogs collection. Even just photocopies would be acceptable if I'm missing ones I have catalogs for.

__________________Westcoin's Coin Want List________________________

I am always searching for unusual/weird two centers, anything with die cracks, cuds, clips, laminations, off center, mis-aligned dies, capped dies, etc. All errors of any kind, re-punched dates, double dies, etc. Preferably in VF condition or better. I have most of the tough varieties already, but all offers are encouraged.

Also higher grade 2 cent mint state examples and Proof examples with strange errors or varieties.

Please contact me if you have any you'd consider selling or trading for. I have a considerable amount of VAM Morgan dollars and many other US coins and US numismatic books available.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I am NOT[/i] looking for any pricing guides, (except those by RAMM Communications), books NOT primarily about US coinage, mining, minting, or numismatic personalities.

Common stuff by Whitman and Krause publications, Red Books, old grey/blue/green sheets, etc. Nothing against these, but I probably already have copies, as my library is now over the 2,500 volume mark.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Edited by westcoin
01/13/2019 12:30 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2723 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2013  5:29 pm  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How about one with 180degrees die rotation (medal orientation)? I have one at home that's raw and in lower grade (below VF).
'Pytellc': I am still waiting for my $50 world coins from you, Mr. Carson Pytell!

*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade. - My coins for sale - Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5811 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2013  09:02 am  Show Profile   Check nohope587's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nohope587 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Move along now move along nothing to see here folks...

how deep are your pockets westcoin?
Richard Barnes
(www.winsociety.org) WINS#366
eBay nohope587 ANA#1200381
Face Book https://www.facebook.com/Numismatic.Jewelry/
Edited by nohope587
02/02/2013 09:04 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
6818 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2013  01:30 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not deep enough! I'd really like the reverse capped die error that was for sale last year on eBay - but $20k no way I could spend that much right now on a single coin.

I sold my proof set off a few years ago and really regret that. the 1864LM in proof 65 will be hard to replace. I never could swing a Proof small motto either.

I've gotten some cool stuff by being patient on eBay and online elsewhere. A full set of clock rotated coins, a couple of minor cliped coins, a bunch or RPD's, DDO's and cool die cracked or cud coins. Nothing spectacular yet, but I'm looking.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

Edited by westcoin
02/10/2013 8:33 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
6818 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2013  12:01 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Update I now have the Hardbound edition of the "Authoritative reference on Two Cent Coins" from Kevin Flynn - contacted the source directly and he still had a couple copies left for those interested. (May 2013).

Edited by westcoin
11/29/2014 9:18 pm
Valued Member
United States
286 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2015  11:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john1942sept to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a Mercury dime with a 180 rotation.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6818 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2015  04:11 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks John, only interested in Two Cent Pieces now.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1414 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2015  06:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kakaratt77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a bunch of coin pubs, I still need to sort through them, I can send you a list if you want. Thanks.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6818 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2015  1:06 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jeff,
Please do you can email it to me if you'd like, I'm alway looking for stuff I don't have. Thanks!

Edited by westcoin
06/30/2015 1:07 pm
Valued Member
United States
360 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2016  01:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add j-win to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chriss, I'm not sure if you received my email regarding that 1866 two cent. Please get back to me on that, and know that I have other coins that I could possibly trade with you so I could get that two cent back, or I could just buy it back outright from you. I was a YN at the time of that trade, and it would mean the world to me if I could add that coin to my collection. Thanks!
Pillar of the Community
United States
589 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2017  6:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johntookit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have few catalogs some with price realized.
The collection of C.W. Krugjohann 1976
The Fulton Collection 1978
The Charles M Johnson and DE. Ivan H Meyer 1978
The Newport Collection 1975
and few others. also some new ones:
D> Brent pogue
The Eugene H. Gardner
and platinum night

Just trying to get rid of these.
PM if interested.
Pillar of the Community
United States
508 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2019  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I knew I took photos of this sometime back. I just had to search for them.

Edited by DoctorBurnzy
05/19/2019 10:16 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
6818 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2019  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one Doc, I already have about 5 of these ranging from VG up to a PCGS MS63BN so not in need of this coin, still a very neat error to have.

Here is my MS63:

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05