Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Just Bought This Roll

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
26 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2013  9:24 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jonathankimblewright to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
this is supposed to be a never opened roll. do this coin look like its been cleaned

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6737 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2013  10:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Honest reply is 'yes' ... that 1909-S exhibits evidence of a prior cleaning.

What else is in the roll?

David
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2658 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2013  10:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely looks cleaned to me as well.

Yeah, what else was in the roll?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2288 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2013  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add solotime to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Never buy unopened rolls off eBay...

That coin is cleaned. If you didn't open it up, return the roll.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1585 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2013  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpbone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you call steel wool or sand paper abrasion cleaning, then yes, it's been cleaned. Harshly. If you bought that from who I think you bought it from, it is a sham. Not saying there isn't some value to the "stuff" in these rolls, but think about it. Would YOU sell true, old, unsearched rolls with 09's, flying eagles, bust dimes, Three Cent pieces, Indian heads on the end? Of course not. They are selling hope and wonder. That is all.
Learn More...
United States
23520 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2013  03:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
this is supposed to be a never opened roll. do this coin look like its been cleaned

I am *so* sorry that you have fallen for this scam.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1424 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2013  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bmanofnbc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that roll hasn't ever been opened, the seller rolled it himself a week or so before the auction.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1714 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2013  09:33 am  Show Profile   Check The_Duke's eBay Listings Check The_Duke's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add The_Duke to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, cleaned. These rolls are all over the place on eBay. Stay clear.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16087 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2013  11:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to CC!

I'm sorry you have fallen victim to the "sealed, unopened roll" scam. That end coin has been harshly cleaned and is nothing more than a seed coin to trick buyers into bidding on the roll. If you would have joined CC sooner, you could have learned and saved a lot of money. The "unsearched roll" topic has been discussed here for years.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16087 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2013  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I should add - while that is indeed a key date coin, it is about G-VG at best and worth around $30-40 in that condition.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
11922 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2013  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joseph7420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin is cleaned, probably put on the end of the roll on purpose
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2013  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Grey_squirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How much did you pay ... that's the key to whether this is a deal or not
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2013  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Grey_squirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How much did you pay ... that's the key to whether this is a deal or not
Pillar of the Community
United States
2651 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2013  2:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jayman931 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bank wrapped rolls can have circulated coins it in. If the guy advertised it as a Uncirculated Roll then he lied. If you bought it as unopened rolls then you got what he said he was selling. If is appears to be altered in anyway I would return it if you don't want it. That end looks like it was rolled by a machine and not altered. Maybe the guy has a coin rolling machine.
United States
26 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2013  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jonathankimblewright to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I paid 184.00 with shipping lol. I make good money but it still makes me mad. I am traveling now so I have not opened roll yet but when I do I will let you know what comes inside. I bought it from jodilynne76 can I return this if I didn't open it?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2658 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2013  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I paid 184.00 with shipping lol. I make good money but it still makes me mad. I am traveling now so I have not opened roll yet but when I do I will let you know what comes inside. I bought it from jodilynne76 can I return this if I didn't open it?

Looks like they don't do returns.

"Sale on this roll is final and it is being sold "as is" with no returns accepted, since once opened, the roll loses its unique value."
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05