Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New 2013 Whale 25 Cent

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 46 / Views: 22,105Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
Canada
407 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2014  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SelectCoinCanada to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Very interesting.

@darryldarryl, it's very interesting indeed, maybe your rolls from the coin exchange will be worth a premium after all!

I would like to see what other people are finding in other parts of the province/country.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2192 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2014  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm with you on that fed_ink85 .
Canada
2 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2015  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kyle white to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i found 2 others that make 4 diffrint ones
Canada
2 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2015  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kyle white to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
there is also 2 kinds of the Arctic Expedition coins frosted and regular
that is why there is 4 whale ones
Canada
1 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2016  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dunce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Why the different color?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1463 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2016  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like you've got an off metal strike there. Put it on a scale if you've got one. That's a rarity. I would repost your coin in the Canadian errors section If I was you. Don't suppose there's many errors like that from the last few years. The world mints have got pretty good at keeping them out.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1089 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2016  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It could have come into contact with something that caused a chemical reaction leading to a change in color. You see oddly toned coins from time to time that were washed, buried, heated etc...

But you never know, weight would be a good start. from the angle of the photo it looks to be a different size than the comparison coin, is this actually the case?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4617 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2016  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A weight would help.
Valued Member
Canada
300 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2016  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add XWLCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The comparison coin doesn't look Canadian... Am I right?
Also, it has the color of a Canadian loon but that couldn't be possible. The blank loonie wouldn't fit into the collar. I'd have to say PMD
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8173 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2016  01:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The comparison coin appears to be a 1992 British penny.
Perhaps the quarter is a long way from home and someone plated it to raise it's value from virtually nothing to very little.
If the shoe were on the other foot and the penny was for sale here, what would it be worth? Virtually nothing. Plate it and you may generate some interest.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2632 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2016  01:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alexer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dunce
brightened and sharpened a bit

Learn More...
Canada
9371 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2016  09:16 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check it with a magnet... if it is not magnetic, then weigh it.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2432 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2016  2:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Altaira to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since these coins are plated, I wonder if it's possible to "Texas" them like zinc pennies.
Toronto Coin Club www.torontocoinclub.ca
Office of the Secretary
Meetings 3rd Mondays at 7 PM
Pillar of the Community
Canada
814 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add punman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know this is an old thread. I was not the OP, but I did make a comment back when it was fresh. I was going through my quarters today and was looking at the non frosted front fin variety I have. Seven years have gone by and I have not seen the variety listed anywhere. Why would it not be as significant as, for example, the 1976 Nickel Dollar with attached and detached jewels?
Valued Member
Canada
70 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Castor sous to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi punman, it might will somday be part of charlton catalog, like the extra sail 2012 hms shanon, it took about 7 or 8 years to be part of the charlton.
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 46 / Views: 22,105Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05