Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Us $100 Bill

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
464 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2013  5:54 pm Show Profile   Check yellow88's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add yellow88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I think it's a nice peace of currency and kinda neat with all the built in fraud prevention measures. I originally thought it would be made out of polymer like other countries are doing. I'd like to hear your guys thoughts and would it be smart to get a fresh uncirculated one and put it away?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2543 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2013  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add denco7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have one fresh out of a fed pack in plastic put away, for absolutely no reason.

There has been talk of switching over to polymer bills. The company that supplies the bill paper to the BEP is located in my state and our state senator has been lobbying hard against the switch, to save the company and jobs.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1507 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2013  01:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoubleEagle20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I suspect our next redesign will be on polymer. It just makes sense. Harder to counterfeit and the notes last about 3 times as long.
Pillar of the Community
656 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2013  02:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i do not think our next redesign will be on polymer simply because our currency is to well know and is the basis of many economies and is quite familiar. if we were to redo it in polymer the faith in the dollar would be lost and it would be worthless. people like the "paper" bill and would lose faith in it if it were changed.
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2013  11:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hurleycoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hopefully the redesign will be printed in polymer, like the countries of Australia, Canada, and Vietnam. I live in close proximity with Canada, and their polymer banknotes pass through my hands quite often, and are very interesting. If the U.S. Bureau of Engraving and Printing adapts to start producing our notes with this composition of plastic solutions, counterfeiting would occur less often, and the money would carry less filth. Since our money is as dirty as a toilet seat, polymer notes would be an option that would stunt the spreading of germs via medium of exchange.
Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2014  12:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ejs54 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you can spare the $100 to have sitting around, I would. I found a * in 2009A thats arguably in new condition, along with a 222222 in the S/N and a radar that are sitting aside in this Series (denom). Probably not worth more than $100 but think of its 1996 counterpart when it came out. Don't see many of those new.

Based on the feel of this bill it seems slightly thinner than the last design. With the ease of being able to pull the paper off the large blue strip, I'll be curious to see if these will last longer than 1996-2006A bills.

It sounds like the next bill to be redesigned is the $10 and their attempts will be to include a texture feel to identify the denomination so who knows if polymer will be needed to satisfy the need. I could see it going one way or the other.

The faith in the dollar likely hangs in the balance of other things besides its physical appearance...otherwise the recent switch of the colorized bills would have had an influence. One could argue more faith in this design due to its better features....
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05